Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iamjose

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 19, 2011
Is there a jailbreak app that can switch the wallpaper on my iPhone every hour or day if I assign a folder to choose from? I had this type of app on my palm pre it was called switcharoo...

kdesign7

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2010
earth, for now.
Is there a jailbreak app that can switch the wallpaper on my iPhone every hour or day if I assign a folder to choose from? I had this type of app on my palm pre it was called switcharoo...

this is something I am curious about as well -- Ive used vWallpaper, and its good for animated wallpapers... not a bad app.. sometimes it can be a bit buggy, but I still use it on my iPad (even tho it's not approved for iPad yet)

Ill be following this forum post, because I am curious.

nickrinaldi

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2009
i was a big fan of boss paper, had like 200 wallpapers randomly changing whenever i exited an app.

for some reason since going to os5 boss paper doesnt work right, the wallpapers switch but the icon text dissapears and nothing i do brings the icon text back until i disable bosspaper.

i have since moved on to vwallpaper 2 and am happy with it.

iamjose

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 19, 2011
i was a big fan of boss paper, had like 200 wallpapers randomly changing whenever i exited an app.

for some reason since going to os5 boss paper doesnt work right, the wallpapers switch but the icon text dissapears and nothing i do brings the icon text back until i disable bosspaper.

i have since moved on to vwallpaper 2 and am happy with it.

where do I find this app vwallpaper 2 in cydia?

nickrinaldi

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2009
add this repo

http://deb.danstaface.net

if your on os5 make sure you install os 5 verison, its in beta so there will be some bugs still but overall it works pretty good, i have not noticed any meaningful decrease in battery life at all. have run it for two days. videos do no run when your in an app or have phone locked which is good.

OutSpoken

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
UK
I'm using vwallpaper 2 beta on my iPhone4, its really cool but the bugs are still annoying enough to make the tweak unusable.

It tends to lock up a lot making the springboard inactive. You then have to lock and unlock the device to get it working again (the phone that is!)

I really like the skyrocket wallpaper, looks amazing...wish I could have it set to the lockscreen instead.

Last edited:

OutSpoken

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
UK
And as I just posted that reply, I ve seen an update to cydia package FolderEnhancer which suggest was the cause of the unresponsive icons and such...:D lets hope it does fix it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.