Wallpaper that is less the "retina" size.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bigpoppamac31, Nov 3, 2013.

1. bigpoppamac31 macrumors 68000

For those who have retina display MBPs how does wallpaper smaller then retina size look?? Currently I have a cMBP with hi-res antiglare display. When I go to wallpaper sites like Interfacelift or Wallpaperswide it highlights my current resolution (1680x1050) but I always choose the highest resolution of the pic I want. Even if it's as big as 5120x3200. That way the pic is always sharp. But what about those who use retina displays and have wallpaper less then 2880x1800?? How does the wallpaper look?

2. jondunford macrumors 6502

jondunford

choosing a higher res image than your screen resolution won't make a difference. if anything it will look worse, if possible choose one that is exactly the resolution of your screen

low res wallpapers don't look poor on the retina screen but i couldn't say the reduction in quality is unnoticeable

3. bigpoppamac31 thread starter macrumors 68000

Actually wallpapers that are higher res then my screen look amazing on my Mac. Hence why I get those ones. I even download the folder to my iPhone 4S and use them there as well. Works quite well.