Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DarrenG

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
England
I installed the 'Wallpaper' application from Installer and have added a few too many images.

I can't see any obvious way to remove them but assume it is possible to delete them directly from the file system, only problem is I can't find where they are located?

DarrenG

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
England
Bad form to reply to my own question but as is often the case, no sooner do I post asking than i find the answer!

/private/var/mobile/Library/Wallpaper is the location but there is an easier method from within the app that i hadn't realised existed!

bobbyboulders

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2006
um, sorry for the noob question i guess. but how do i navigate to /private/var/mobile/Library/Wallpaper??

I'd like to delete some wallpapers as well....

DarrenG

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
England
If this is for wallpaper.app, just launch it, tap a wallpaper, select 'view gallery', tap a wallpaper in your gallery and then select 'remove from gallery'.

zmit

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2008
the other procedure refers to SSHing into your iphone....

you do this through your computer and logging onto the iphone via your network.

google 'SSH into iphone' and you will find ANYTHING you need about it....

zeroMPHfallover

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2007
hello,
I can't see the Wallpaper folder at this location:

/private/var/mobile/Library

I have some wallpapers I got from the Wallpaper app that I'd like to delete also...
I know you can delete them right from the application, but for some reason the app doesn't work for me anymore.
It just sits at the initial "loading" screen and doesn't move - and it's not my internet connection...

I've tried restarting my phone, hard reseting it, an even uninstalling/rei-installing Wallpaper app...

Anybody have any suggestions on how I can get the Wallpaper app working again?

Thanks!

DarrenG

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
England
hello,
I can't see the Wallpaper folder at this location:

/private/var/mobile/Library

I know you can delete them right from the application, but for some reason the app doesn't work for me anymore.
It just sits at the initial "loading" screen and doesn't move - and it's not my internet connection...
Not just me then, I noticed the Wallpaper app was no longer working. But you should be able to access the files using the path I suggested, just retried and it's correct?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.