Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMacRW

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Anyone else's wallpaper wizard app break with upgrade to OSX 10.9.5?

When opening it says the application is broken, and to download a fresh copy from their website. I did that and still didn't work.

Anyone else having this issue? I contacted support they had me delete some plist files and reinstall, but still didn't work.

Michaelgtrusa

macrumors 604
Oct 13, 2008
Anyone else's wallpaper wizard app break with upgrade to OSX 10.9.5?

When opening it says the application is broken, and to download a fresh copy from their website. I did that and still didn't work.

Anyone else having this issue? I contacted support they had me delete some plist files and reinstall, but still didn't work.

You need too open system prefs and.....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-11 at 9.33.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-11 at 9.33.00 PM.png
    75.3 KB · Views: 390

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
You need too open system prefs and.....

That doesn't help for a lot of similar apps with old signatures. It should but doesn't seem to help in those cases. Similar issues with yosemite. Have to wait for the developers to update their app signatures I guess. I'm not sure why some apps will no longer run even with gatekeeper switched off now with this new signature thing Apple has done with 10.9.5 and 10.10.

iMacRW

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Yep, doesn't work... I have alerted the developers of Wallpaper Wizard of the problem, hopefully they will update soon. I miss it; it's a great program and deserving of the small fee I paid for it.

UPDATE: Just chatted with the developers today and they said they are working on updates for 10.9.5 and Yosemite.

-RYAN

That doesn't help for a lot of similar apps with old signatures. It should but doesn't seem to help in those cases. Similar issues with yosemite. Have to wait for the developers to update their app signatures I guess. I'm not sure why some apps will no longer run even with gatekeeper switched off now with this new signature thing Apple has done with 10.9.5 and 10.10.

PhyrePhox

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2009
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Just chatted with the developers today and they said they are working on updates for 10.9.5 and Yosemite.

I sent a customer support request on 18 September, and got an almost immediate response, saying that
We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Please be advised that if you have OS 10.9.5 or Yosemite - our developers are working on the update and will make it compatible with the latest versions. And once this update will be released - you'll be notified.

Thank you for your understanding in advance!
Please tell us if you need any further assistance.

Best Regards,
Support Team,
Coppertino Inc.
And nothing since. No updates today. I tried to find out additional support options on the Coppertino website; they seem to be focused on their app Vox. In fact, a support forum is available through the Coppertino page, and another user of Wallpaper Wizard had posted there asking about another issue. The "Vox Developers" immediately closed the thread, directing the user to the same support email I used.
I'm obviously feeling disgruntled over a paid app being broken for over a week, but I find it curious that Coppertino is willing to take responsibility for Wallpaper Wizard as part of their marketing (see their Twitter description), but less willing to integrate support into their existing system, leaving us with nothing but an email address for support.

UPDATE: version 1.5.1 is available for download

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.