Wallpaper Wizard Broken in OS X 10.9.5

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by iMacRW, Sep 11, 2014.

1. iMacRW macrumors member

iMacRW

Anyone else's wallpaper wizard app break with upgrade to OSX 10.9.5?

When opening it says the application is broken, and to download a fresh copy from their website. I did that and still didn't work.

Anyone else having this issue? I contacted support they had me delete some plist files and reinstall, but still didn't work.

2. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

You need too open system prefs and.....

Attached Files:

3. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

That doesn't help for a lot of similar apps with old signatures. It should but doesn't seem to help in those cases. Similar issues with yosemite. Have to wait for the developers to update their app signatures I guess. I'm not sure why some apps will no longer run even with gatekeeper switched off now with this new signature thing Apple has done with 10.9.5 and 10.10.

4. iMacRW thread starter macrumors member

iMacRW

Yep, doesn't work... I have alerted the developers of Wallpaper Wizard of the problem, hopefully they will update soon. I miss it; it's a great program and deserving of the small fee I paid for it.

UPDATE: Just chatted with the developers today and they said they are working on updates for 10.9.5 and Yosemite.

-RYAN

5. PhyrePhox, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2014

PhyrePhox macrumors regular

PhyrePhox

I sent a customer support request on 18 September, and got an almost immediate response, saying that
    And nothing since. No updates today. I tried to find out additional support options on the Coppertino website; they seem to be focused on their app Vox. In fact, a support forum is available through the Coppertino page, and another user of Wallpaper Wizard had posted there asking about another issue. The "Vox Developers" immediately closed the thread, directing the user to the same support email I used.
    I'm obviously feeling disgruntled over a paid app being broken for over a week, but I find it curious that Coppertino is willing to take responsibility for Wallpaper Wizard as part of their marketing (see their Twitter description), but less willing to integrate support into their existing system, leaving us with nothing but an email address for support.

UPDATE: version 1.5.1 is available for download

6. iMacRW thread starter macrumors member

iMacRW

I'm assuming the 1.5.1 version fixes the Yosemite and Mavericks 10.9.5 bug? Anyone tried?

QUOTE:
    UPDATE: version 1.5.1 is available for download[/QUOTE]

7. ryanandbethan macrumors newbie

[/QUOTE]

Tried this as suggested and it works fine. I'm running the new yosemite o/s too on a mid 2011 iMac :)