Wallpaper

Discussion in 'macOS' started by kimmiesm, Jan 19, 2012.

1. kimmiesm macrumors newbie

A few months ago I had stumbled across a site that had wallpapers for Mac by artists, I downloaded it and since then each time I get on the computer in the mornings it has a different wallpaper picture. Problem is, I haven't used this computer in quite some time since I did this and now I have just recently gone back to using this computer, I keep trying to change the desktop picture to something else I want and it stays on there for the day, but then the next morning it goes right back to the previous one that I don't want. I don't remember which site it was I went to and I can't find it in system preferences.

2. simsaladimbamba

Have you deselected "Change picture" and "Random" in System Preferences > Desktop & Screensaver > Desktop?
    Have you used www.interfacelift.com?

3. kimmiesm thread starter macrumors newbie

I will try that and see what happens, thanks.

4. kimmiesm thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried all that and it doesn't make any difference. When I go over to System Preferences/Applications, I have found which app it is and when I try to send it to trash or delete, it says cannot delete because it's still open, there's no choices for closing it.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Launch Activity Monitor and change "My Processes" at the top to "All Processes", then locate the app and quit or force quit it.

The most effective method for complete app removal is manual deletion:

6. kimmiesm, Jan 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012

kimmiesm thread starter macrumors newbie

Great, that did it! I know you say there is a complete way to get rid of apps with the link you provide, but it is showing it is no longer there after I sent it to trash. I tried going through those steps with the link you provide, but the app is no longer showing up under All Processes, I guess this means it's completely deleted? And do I need to change it back to My Processes or is it okay to leave as All Processes?

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If it's not showing on Activity Monitor, that just means it's not running. That doesn't mean it's uninstalled. After it no longer shows in Activity monitor, then go through the steps in the link to make sure it's fully uninstalled. Don't forget steps 4-6. Yes, it's OK to leave it showing All Processes in Activity Monitor.

8. kimmiesm thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, but the name Kuvva is not showing up at all under All Processes, I can't locate it so that I can take those steps you mention.

9. simsaladimbamba

You can't find it via the steps GGJstudios laid out?

10. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

You're not deleting it with those steps from Activity Monitor. You need to follow the steps to delete it using Finder.

11. kimmiesm thread starter macrumors newbie

No. The first time I went into Finder and clicked on All Processes, I found the file Kuuva Wallpapers and deleted it, then, I saw that they said it is not actually deleted until you take those other steps in Finder. So, when I follow the steps laid out, I no longer see Kuuva Wallpapers listed anywhere in the list under Finder and All Processes, it is not there for me to click on like it states to do in the first few steps, it is not there.

12. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No, "All Processes" is in Activity Monitor, not Finder.

There are two apps involved here:

Activity Monitor shows you what apps/widgets/processes are currently running on your computer. Before you can uninstall an app, you have to make sure it's not running, by checking Activity Monitor, with "All Processes" showing.

Finder shows you files and folders and apps that are stored on your hard drive, whether they're running or not. After you check Activity Monitor to make sure an app is not running, you follow these steps using Finder to remove the app.