Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TonyWatt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2012
Dunfermline, Fife
When I change my lock screen wallpaper, there is no option to resize the pic. Tried moving & scaling, pinching, pushing, feckin' squeezing, nothing, it simply won't resize.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this another feature of iOS 7?

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
When I change my lock screen wallpaper, there is no option to resize the pic. Tried moving & scaling, pinching, pushing, feckin' squeezing, nothing, it simply won't resize.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this another feature of iOS 7?

That's how it is if you have parallax turned on. Once you deactivate it, wallapaers act normally. To find out how just search.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Doesn't help, besides I like parallax why should I turn it off to scale background?

There could be a couple of things.

Wallapaers scale to fill the height of the screen so you can't pinch out nad have black background.

For some reason I can't scale Apple's built in still wallpapers, but I can scale and move ones from my camera roll.

Prallax means that my images scale up a little bit so they will alyays appear zoomed in a little.

Can you be more specific about the image you are trying to use and what you are trying to do with it.

TonyWatt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2012
Dunfermline, Fife
Sussed it
To get wallpaper to fit screen, take screenshot ( hold down top & home buttons at same time), and use pic found in camera roll. Tou can then resize it

Breitling65

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2011
Sussed it
To get wallpaper to fit screen, take screenshot ( hold down top & home buttons at same time), and use pic found in camera roll. Tou can then resize it

Why would I use cropped low resolution images with retina screen? This is obvious bug and I hope apple will release update soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.