Wallpaper

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Resist, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Resist macrumors 68030

I am just curious as to how Apple decided on the included wallpaper for the iPhone. Seems like we should have the ability to delete them from the phone if we don't like them. I am not a fan of most of them that came with my iPhone.

2. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

You can just use your own if you don't like them. I just leave those wallpapers alone, it doesn't bother me. I don't see the point of having a delete option for them, probably because I have a 16GB iPhone with 6GB left ;)

3. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

Yes I know I can make my own wallpaper but I don't want crappy ones taking up valuable space, even with my 16GB iPhone.

Also, what is the point of the wallpaper if it will only stay up for around 8 seconds? Seems like the wallpaper should also turn into the background behind the apps.

4. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

How much is your available capacity anyway? If you're at 1GB(or less) available left, then I could say those are really valuable space to be deleted but not at the moment. You'll find more crappy apps trust me.

Tell that to Apple via their feedback form.

5. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

Just left feedback to Apple, I hope others did as well.

I have only had my iPhone a few days and already have pages of apps. This is addicting! There are so many uses for the iPhone, it truly is an amazing product.

6. staccato83 macrumors 6502a

staccato83

You actually decided to leave feedback for something so trivial?

I have a photo album on my phone with all my wallpaper in it and it takes up 180MB worth of space. That amounts to 278 photos at 320x480 resolution.

Do you really think you are going to gain an absurd amount of space by deleting the 19 photos that come on the phone? :rolleyes:

7. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

I actually had two issues. But yes I don't like being forced to keep those backgrounds, I should be able to delete them if I chose. But my main issue is the wallpaper not being used on the home page.

8. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I don't use Bluetooth but I don't need the ability to remove that setting from my phone. What a terrible amount of clutter that would cause...buttons to erase things, all over the settings menu?

Just ignore it.

9. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

A big difference between hidden software and wallpapers I can see. Here is a for instance, the Zune comes with some preloaded songs and music videos that the user can delete at any time. So why not the iPhone?

All I am asking for is the ability to delete wallpapers from my $300 cell phone.

10. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

There's no difference at all. They're both things you have to go out of your way to look at. You have to go into the Settings menu and then the 'Wallpaper' section to see them. If you click on the main 'Photos' application then you see your photos without seeing the stock wallpapers. I set all my wallpapers from there. In fact, I haven't even been to the stock wallpaper settings since I bought the phone in July.

So why do you keep going in there to look at them? There is no reason you have to see those if don't want to. Just stop going in there!

11. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

Because I can!

12. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire