Wallpapers missing!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by cpat88, Aug 31, 2010.

1. cpat88 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I turned on my macbook today and all of my wallpapers have disappeared and I'm left with a blue background. In the categories (e.g. nature, plants, black and white etc) there are no files. I have two accounts on the machine and both accounts do not have any wallpaper files.

Have these been deleted? If so is there any way I can get them back?

Thank you.

2. JacobHolmes macrumors newbie

JacobHolmes

Interesting...

Interesting... I was going to suggest just changing your background but then I read that all the backgrounds actually show up as blue. Is your log-in screen background blue as well? Go to Macintosh HD > System > Library > CoreServices and see if the file "DefaultDesktop.jpg" is there. Is it blue as well? Try using quick-look. Can you set a background from.. say the internet? I'm sorry I don't have much advice just some things I would do. Good luck! :apple:

3. cpat88 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your reply.

Yes the defaultdesktop.jpg image is still there and I can set it as my wallpaper. The startup begins with the standard image but on the other account I have it immediately changes to the blue screen since I used another 'stock' wallpaper. I can also set other images as my wallpaper (e.g. from the internet). It seems as though the image files have actually been deleted.

I know it's not much of a big deal as I still can get the standard wallpaper but would be nice to have the option.

I have attached a screenshot.
    [​IMG]