Wallpapers spanning 2 desktops

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sniffs, Jun 21, 2013.

1. sniffs macrumors regular

sniffs

So I have my MBP connected to a DualHead2GO device that gives me 1 large desktop at 3840x1080. I have 2 Desktop instances so I can 4 finger swap between them when doing different tasks(sometimes I'll run Parallels on Desktop 1 and OSX stuff on Desktop 2)

Anyone know of a site that has wallpapers that fit together spanning 2 desktop instances?

What I mean is, Desktop 1 is it's own 3840x1080 wallpaper, and Desktop 2 is a completely separate one. I'd like for Desktop 1 wallpaper to look like it's part of Desktop 2, like 1 very large desktop.. basically 2 3840x1080 wallpapers that is 1 image.

Does this make sense?

2. B... macrumors 68000

B...

Pick a pic, crop then upscale and repeat for the other half. Is that what you meant?

3. sniffs thread starter macrumors regular

sniffs

I need to find an image that is 7680x1080(3840x2) so that i can cut the image in half so that desktop 1 and desktop 2 appear to be 1 large desktop when i switch between them.

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

I don't have a list of sites handy but I've used sites like Mandolux and Interface Lift which I ran across via Giz.
    http://gizmodo.com/5116937/where-to-get-awesome-multi+monitor-wallpaper

I'm sure the options have changed quite a bit since then but you can certainly find plenty to choose from with Google. If you're not getting hits you're probably being too specific. Don't search on your resolution and stick with dual and multi display, etc as your keywords.