Walmart 4S Launch Info

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sp71Supra, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Sp71Supra macrumors regular

I searched on here and on google and there was really no info on the walmart launch. Long story short I preordered early on the 7th and ATT messed it up, still no tracking info :( So I decided im heading out around 6am tomorrow. I have 2 options.

ATT store, they did not take pre-orders, 1st come 1st serve. Open at 10am

Walmart.. I called there and the lady said whats the iphone 4s.. :confused: I explained to her and she said oh yes they will have them. I said are they going on sell at 8am, she said oh I wouldn't come that early, the don't open till 9, lol.

Point being. with the iphone 4 launch, walmart only had 16gb phones. Anyone know if walmart will be carrying the 32 or 64.

2. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Very good question. I forgot about Walmart. Thanks.

3. Sp71Supra thread starter macrumors regular

No problem! I was just concerned that they would only have 16gb phones and maybe 32gb's but I doubt they will have the 64. I think I am headed to the ATT store around 6am tomorrow. I wanted to use Walmart as a backup. I really do not need the 64, but I got good $ out of my iP4 on ebay, so I would like to get it just for the pure resale value later.

4. tigerfan41 macrumors regular

My experience with the iPhone 4 last year was that Walmart only carried the 16GB version in very limited quantities. For instance, my Walmart is in a pretty big area and yet they only carried 1 16GB iPhone 4.......which someone actually sat all night in a lawn chair for (I know because I went there at 6am hoping to get one).

Not sure if this is the case this year as I preordered and have mine coming to me via UPS tomorrow, but hope this helps.

5. spyda, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011

spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

Usually when Walmart has an iPhone launch, they'll have maybe one or two iPhones in stock, literally brah.

6. spar13 macrumors newbie

I tried Walmart last year, my store is open 24/7 and didn't offer the phone until 7AM to first come, first serve (5 phones in stock). I was second in line but found out after waiting for 5 hours that they didn't carry 32GB phones. This year might be different.

7. hcho3 macrumors 68030