Walmart 4S Launch Info

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sp71Supra, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Sp71Supra macrumors regular

Mar 6, 2007
    I searched on here and on google and there was really no info on the walmart launch. Long story short I preordered early on the 7th and ATT messed it up, still no tracking info :( So I decided im heading out around 6am tomorrow. I have 2 options.

ATT store, they did not take pre-orders, 1st come 1st serve. Open at 10am

Walmart.. I called there and the lady said whats the iphone 4s.. :confused: I explained to her and she said oh yes they will have them. I said are they going on sell at 8am, she said oh I wouldn't come that early, the don't open till 9, lol.

Point being. with the iphone 4 launch, walmart only had 16gb phones. Anyone know if walmart will be carrying the 32 or 64.
  2. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

Apr 5, 2011
    Fidalgo Island
    Very good question. I forgot about Walmart. Thanks.
  3. Sp71Supra thread starter macrumors regular

Mar 6, 2007
    No problem! I was just concerned that they would only have 16gb phones and maybe 32gb's but I doubt they will have the 64. I think I am headed to the ATT store around 6am tomorrow. I wanted to use Walmart as a backup. I really do not need the 64, but I got good $ out of my iP4 on ebay, so I would like to get it just for the pure resale value later.
  4. tigerfan41 macrumors regular

Oct 7, 2011
    My experience with the iPhone 4 last year was that Walmart only carried the 16GB version in very limited quantities. For instance, my Walmart is in a pretty big area and yet they only carried 1 16GB iPhone 4.......which someone actually sat all night in a lawn chair for (I know because I went there at 6am hoping to get one).

Not sure if this is the case this year as I preordered and have mine coming to me via UPS tomorrow, but hope this helps.
  5. spyda, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011

spyda macrumors 6502a

Jun 30, 2009
    Usually when Walmart has an iPhone launch, they'll have maybe one or two iPhones in stock, literally brah.
  6. spar13 macrumors newbie

Oct 11, 2011
    I tried Walmart last year, my store is open 24/7 and didn't offer the phone until 7AM to first come, first serve (5 phones in stock). I was second in line but found out after waiting for 5 hours that they didn't carry 32GB phones. This year might be different.
  7. hcho3 macrumors 68030

May 13, 2010