walmart **ALMOST** sold me their 1 iphone4... i was so close!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by imetazoa, Jun 22, 2010.

1. imetazoa macrumors member

imetazoa

I stopped by Walmart today and played naive by asking if they had any iPhone4's available. There was an older guy working the counter and he said they didn't. I walked away but then he ran after me screaming "Mam!" while holding one in his hand. He said as of now it was the only one they had. Just one, black, 16gb. We walked to the counter to purchase it when someone on the walkie-talkie announced to him he was not allowed to sell it till 8am on Thursday morning. He super apologized for faking me out.

Here's hoping my Best Buy pre-order is fulfilled.

In summary I learned that...
    1) My Walmart will probably have only 1 iPhone 4 (FYI we have 3 Walmart's in a 10 mile radius and I live in central Illinois)
    2) That one iPhone will be a black 16gb
    3) They are going on-sale at 8am Thursday

Hope this helps some people.

2. CJayC macrumors 6502

What's another way of saying "almost won"? LOSE.

3. blackjackmark macrumors 6502

Helps me, as I assume you're in C-U? I'm a stone's throw away from the Urbana store and considered going in about 6am on Thursday on the chance I'd get lucky, but I want a 32gb, so if they only have 1, and it's 16, and they don't go on sale until 8am, then STRIKE THREE! I'll wait for my Apple order on July 2!

4. imetazoa thread starter macrumors member

imetazoa

yes and glad i could help. the guy made it sound like if you called on wednesday they would gladly share how many units they had and which ones they had... so you might want to call and check in the off-hand chance they get more tomorrow :)

5. TheAppleGeek macrumors 6502a

TheAppleGeek

Just imagine what the front-page story of MR would have been if the man would have sold it to you. ;)