Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ukagr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2017
I was just browsing at my local Walmart and happened to see the IPad Pros were on clearance. I guess they are making room for the 2nd gen models. These were the prices for the 12.9 first gen
wifi
32gb--$399
128gb--$499

I think they had a 256gb cellular marked at $699

I have been wanting the larger iPad for a long time but couldn't swallow the price tag. It was a much easier decision at 499! So I pulled the trigger on the 128gb wifi.

I thought it was a great deal but should I have waited and put the 500 towards the new gen?

sam2428

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2011
Houston, TX
Walmart has had pros on clearance for some time now but the prices you listed are what I saw for the 9.7". If it was marked that low for the 12.9" I think that is a steal.

I had originally picked up 128gb SG 9.7" wifi only for $499 plus tax and decided to return it for two reasons. 1. Decided I would rather have the 10.5" cellular after seeing it in store and 2. Because the 10.5" had 4gb of ram.

I would keep he 12.9" if I were you. Don't think there is enough difference between gen 1 and 2.

Last edited:

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
I agree--there's not as big of a difference between the first gen and second gen 12.9" Pros as there is between the 9.7" and 10.5" Pros. With the first gen, you still get the 4 GB of RAM and the fast charging. No ProMotion, A10X, or TrueTone, but it's still a very fast machine.

Walmart has had pros on clearance for some time now but the prices you listed is what I saw for the 9.7". If it was marked that low for the 12.9" I think that is a steal.

I had originally picked up 128gb SG 9.7" wifi only for $499 plus tax and decided to return it for two reasons. 1. Decided I would rather have the 10.5" cellular after seeing it in store and 2. Because the 10.5" had 4gb of ram.

I would keep he 12.9" if I were you. Don't think there is enough difference between gen 1 and 2.

Yeah I was thinking he meant 9.7 at first. Definitely a fantastic deal for 12.9. If I were in the market for a 12.9 I'd jump at it, however I think it's just a little too big for my preference. Every time I stop at an Apple store I check them out, but I think my 9.7 iPP (and now the 10.5") is a more more practical size.

Ukagr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2017
Thanks for info. I wasn't in the market for the 12.9 so I hadn't been following the new upgrades in gen 2. The promotion would be nice but I'm more excited about ios11. I may try the beta and see how it works.

I thought it was a steal too! I opened it up last night and I forgot how big it was but I think I will enjoy it. I already have a 9.7 pro and I think I will like the bigger screen. First impressions, I think the 12.9 is a better browsing experience and it seems really snappy.

majkom

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2011
man having such a price here where i live will buy 12.9 in a blink of an eye, just to test of it is ok for me or not... here - no sales:(

Reactions: Ukagr
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.