Walmart or Radio Shack information?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Devilstower, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Devilstower macrumors newbie

I've seen several sites saying that Walmart and Radio Shack will have iPhone 4s on the 24th, but I haven't seen anything indicating what the policy would be. Is either place going to take pre-orders?

I've seen Walmart take preorders before on many items (game consoles, for example) so it would surprise me if they're not doing the same for iPhone.

2. agallowa macrumors regular

agallowa

no preorders for walmart and radioshack already took there share of preorders and have stoped. if your completley desperate wait at walmart thats going to be alot of peoples last option.

3. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

surprise.

Walmart isn't taking preorders for iPhone.

Walmart doesn't even know when they are getting the iPhone (atleast, not in my area).

Use them as a last resort unless they make some sort of public announcement, because they havn't even published a list of locations where one could make the purchase.

4. Devilstower thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow, Radio Shack managed to hide it well. I called my local RS and checked the web site every morning for any mention of the iPhone 4. Local store didn't know a thing and the web site never had a word about it.

Whatever the stealth link was for the preorder, they did a good job of disguising it.

But then, I spent all day trying to get a phone through AT&T and that didn't work out, and they also managed to sell out. I guess any strategy was a winning strategy when it comes to moving these phones.

5. CoryBoyUSA macrumors member

RadioShack promoted it on their Twitter and, I assume, probably their Facebook as well, for in-store requests. But you're right, their site never really seemed to even mention it. I heard they stopped about an hour into it, though. Perhaps they knew all the enthusiasts who cared most about pre-orders would be checking out this site and the various tech blogs, which all mentioned it. :)