Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RBfKC10

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2010
I hope us AT&T ordering people will get ours on the 23rd. I'd love to get in on the 23rd to do my upgrade swap instead of standing in line with people on the 24th to do it.

I love it when things arrive early :D

ooo

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2007
They don't put the address there because someone could just data mine the site for tracking numbers, find the ones that are being delivered close to them and go and pick the packages up from people's houses. Just call fedex, I'm pretty sure they'll tell you after they ask you a few questions to verify that it IS your package.

I think their verification system is pretty bad. I've called them numerous times in the past to confirm if my packages (not my iPhone) were going to the right address and they just gave me the address without asking me any questions.

NYCityJack

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2010
Paparazzi for Apple

Not only is this uncharacteristic, their secrecy is terrible.

I think it's intentional. The Apple paparazzi are useful for anticipated releases such as this.

Pretty cool though.

tthere5

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2006
Phila, PA
Anyone who ordered from AT&T, does your FedEx tracking number actually work yet? Mine has been invalid since I got it yesterday morning... I have no idea what this means for delivery dates either. Will I get my phone on 6/24?

Ordered from AT&T ~ 0700 EST on 6/15. Shipped today, to arrive on my NJ doorstep tomorrow (6/23) "before 3pm." Needless to say I'm ecstatic. My wife has a skit for graduation from residency tomorrow PM, hoping to use a little iPhone HD video action. :)

btd0655

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2010
Also, how many do you think they will have to sell? I need to figure out my best chance to snag one.

well worst case scenario call walmart, ask... if they say yes or theyre unsure, go there at midnight.... or before and mosey around the store til midnight.... try your chances at gettin one, if they arent offering yet or have minimal stock and run out... just head on over to apple from there and wait, youll already have been up haha. ya know?

SmallTimeFun

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2010
Early Baby!!!!!!

attachment.php

Workin from home tomorrow!

:D

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-06-22 at 9.16.39 AM.png
    Screen shot 2010-06-22 at 9.16.39 AM.png
    15 KB · Views: 755

gatica78

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2010
YAY for the 23rd

I hope I get mine tomorrow, that would be awesome I ordered at 4:30PM PDT on the 15th.
ATT_Order.jpg

So far UPS show it for next day delivery woohoo.
UPS_ATT.jpg

Good luck everyone...

defenderoftheo

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2008
Oklahoma
So those of us that tried all day to pre-order and could not get through, then got "sorry you can not preorder please reserve at the apple store". Get shafted and get it a day later? Apple should just push the whole thing up to the 23rd.

SirOmega

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2006
Las Vegas
You can pre-sign for your shipment through http://www.apple.com/orderstatus. The email in the OP refers to it.

I ordered from AT&T, not Apple. I could leave a note, but I wont be getting home until late Wednesday (7:30 or so), that's a long time for it to sit there.

Plus I'm having people fix my TV on Thursday so I might as well make a day out of it. Hopefully it gets delivered Thursday AM, not at 2:15PM like the iPad.

sup3rsal

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2008
Cool I hopw thats white

I know the phone pictured is black but It would be cool if its white, other releases had black boxes for black phones and white boxes for white phones....this is a white box

sup3rsal

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2008
So those of us that tried all day to pre-order and could not get through, then got "sorry you can not preorder please reserve at the apple store". Get shafted and get it a day later? Apple should just push the whole thing up to the 23rd.

Im glad they did that actually, they did it so that att does not get their servers all tied up at once...this way for us that have it reserved have it easier on activation

Swift

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2003
Los Angeles
My bet is to lighten the activation load on launch day for stores.

Yeah, that's got to be it. Plus, the iPad pre-orders stressed out the delivery company. This has got to be what things will look like in the future, if they keep on getting so many orders.

vbui26

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2008
Anyone who ordered from AT&T, does your FedEx tracking number actually work yet? Mine has been invalid since I got it yesterday morning... I have no idea what this means for delivery dates either. Will I get my phone on 6/24?

I ordered from ATT and checked my fedex number this morning and its arriving on the 23rd by 3pm!! yay

Kadin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
Well look at what I just saw upon checking my delivery time again... today!

woahvk.jpg

Mazeman

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2007
I'm getting mine in NH on 6/23 "by 10:30AM".

So I'm getting it a day early, and hopefully it will be already activated while the West Coasters are still sleeping.:)

wakerider017

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2006
US of A
All signs point toward me actually getting one on the 23rd. Fedex gave me a delivery date of the 23rd a few days ago, but I didn't pay too much attention figuring Apple would instruct Fedex to hold the package until launch day....

I'm psyched about getting the phone a day early, but as others have said, overall this has been a sloppy launch!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-06-22 at 12.32.29 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-06-22 at 12.32.29 PM.png
    74.8 KB · Views: 621
  • Screen shot 2010-06-22 at 12.37.53 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-06-22 at 12.37.53 PM.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 608
  • Screen shot 2010-06-22 at 12.29.39 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-06-22 at 12.29.39 PM.png
    88.6 KB · Views: 634

robv89

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2010
Yup same here. My FedEx shipment seems to have already left Texas. I'm in NYC BTW. It's funny that when I pre-ordered my iphone at an att shop they told me I would be getting it between the 25th and the fifth of July since it was after the cut off time. Now I might be getting it tomorrow. This is crazy good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.