WalMart stores only have ONE iPhone 4 in stock

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TigerNation10, Jun 23, 2010.

1. TigerNation10 macrumors member

FYI in case you're planning on going to WalMart in the morning. I visited my local WalMart today and was told they only had one in stock and they would be allowed to sell it starting at 8:01 AM EST.

2. tigerfan1988 macrumors member

Yeah, that's what they told me at my local Walmart as well. It seems like they're all getting between 1-5 iPhones. Sucks, but it's better than the 0 that a lot of Radioshacks are getting.

3. irish1313 macrumors member

We have 2 Walmarts about 12 miles apart. Mid size city.... 0 iPhones.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I hadn't heard the Shack was getting zero at a lot of stores. :confused:

5. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

I live in Orange County, and pretty much everyone but Apple is getting shafted.

6. tigerfan1988 macrumors member

Mid-Michigan or elsewhere? The one I am referring to is a large Walmart, by far the biggest one in a 20 mile radius. They're only getting 1, though I've heard of others getting 0.

@aggie: I'd call your local RS and make sure, but I do know I've seen a lot of posts on here stating that they will be getting 0. That's the case at all stores in my area.

7. SpankWare macrumors regular

I called my closest WalMart this morning and indeed, just one iPhone in stock. The other two in the area either didn't answer in electronics or the guy had to go ask and never came back.

8. tigerfan1988 macrumors member

So do you think anyone's even going to bother "camping" out when only one iPhone is available?

9. irish1313 macrumors member

West Michigan-
    Grand haven and Muskegon

10. tigerfan1988 macrumors member

That sucks. :( There is an Apple store around there, correct? If you're looking to get one, probably camping out at an Apple store is the best bet. I'd do so if an Apple store were closer to me.

11. irish1313 macrumors member

Apple store in Grand Rapids 40 miles away. No, Not camping... pre ordered at ATt #4.Went in the next day because of no confirm email. The staff was manually putting them in. I asked where mine was at, and I was 4 from the bottom...they started at the top of the pile instead of inverting pile according to place in line. Canceled pre order and went to BB. Now my wife f=gets her 16, and I wait... was furious, now I am over it.To bad I sold both 3gs phones on monday, using a gay ass GO phone.

12. TheAppleGeek macrumors 6502a

TheAppleGeek

The Walmart's in my city are getting close to ten iPhone 4's. All the more reason to arrive before 5AM.

13. tigerfan1988 macrumors member

I'm in the same position. :( I sold my iPhone 3G last week and promised to ship it on the 24th, since I expected to be able to get an iPhone 4 by some method on the 24th. I was also pretty angry that I'm stuck using an additional line and a Samsung Magnet in the meantime, but I'm going to at least make an effort to get one tomorrow because I don't want to wait until Tuesday for when AT&T puts'em on sale to the general public. If I don't get one then, I'll probably just put up with the Magnet for a couple weeks and order through Apple.

14. pab277 macrumors regular

My wal-mart is getting 6 iP4 16GB phones. i was surprised because my town isn't all too big (50,000) people. i might try my luck there, but up to this point, I am just considering ordering from Apple and waiting until july 14.

15. irish1313 macrumors member

Yeah, I got an Envy that I will add as a 3rd line for my son when I activate the i4...in the meantime, this is how I feel about my Envy:eek:

Attached Files:

16. idyll macrumors 6502

same with my 24hr walmart here

not sure if i will even camp or what :/

17. tclamp07 macrumors member

My local wal-mart got a total of 7. I was surprised as well considering the population is less than 30,000.