Walmart success

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by r2b2007, Jun 23, 2010.

1. r2b2007 macrumors regular

Only 1 16gb. I was first to ask them to start a list. One name on list mine. Department manager was great. I have free run of the store. Easy access to food, drinks, restroom. Multiple other department managers have been very nice and supportive. It's for my grandson so he is helping do the time. It will be a long wait but we have been told the phone is ours. There are worse conditions to have to wait in and we already know the result. Best of luck to all.

2. Martyrd0m macrumors regular

Martyrd0m

How do you have a waiting list for one phone? wouldn't it just be reserved for you?

3. bobdigi macrumors regular

If you are supposedly getting the only one they receive, why would there be a long wait?

Edit: Beatin

4. Encanto macrumors regular

"If you are supposedly getting the only one they receive, why would there be a long wait?"

That's what I m saying lol :D

5. r2b2007 thread starter macrumors regular

Graet question. Walmart has a first come first served policy. We are first in line but since there is only 1 there is no line. Passing time watching movies on iPad and wandering the store, relaxing on a bench for now. FYI, my grandson saved his money for this and I failed at getting him one on the 15th so after AT&T killed our plans yesterday and all the other news we decided to try this. No regrets.

6. r2b2007 thread starter macrumors regular

They can not sell it until tomorrow. Going for another walk now. Again best of luck to all.

7. jlwilsonjr macrumors member

Cool

It's cool that you are doing that for your grandson...would you like to adopt another :)

better find the no doze so you don't doze off just before midnight!

8. jman240 macrumors 6502a

Sounds like a fun time with your grandson. Can't they let you wait at home though and just come back at midnight? Kind of moot now but honestly, if they're going to reserve it for you why make you do the dance as well.

9. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

dang I wish my grandparents were badass. Mine would just laugh and tell me how ungrateful I am :(.

10. abercrombie macrumors regular

abercrombie

Cool grand daddy, mine would only tell me how back in the good 'ol days they went out to a person's house and talked in person.