WalMart will be selling the the New iPhone 3G S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bigchief, Jun 10, 2009.

1. bigchief macrumors 6502a

I talk to the manager of my local WalMart today and he said they would be selling the the new iPhone 3G S on the 19th. He said they would be selling the 16GB for sure but didn't know about the 32gb.

So if you don't live close to an Apple or AT&T store you might check out Wally World.

2. RKilbane20 macrumors 6502a

my walmart is open 24 hours can i just walk in at midnight and get it?

3. doubleatheman macrumors 6502a

doubleatheman

Let me know :)

4. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

That's if the line isn't flowing out the door. :p

5. coolwater macrumors 6502a

coolwater

Will Wal-mart have a better return policy? ;)

That may be highly unlikely, but I'd expect to find Wal-mart people easier to talk to especially those who are not too tech savvy, and perhaps, and PERHAPS we will have a better luck talking someone into something... like waving the activation fee. Well, just a thought. :D

6. coolwater macrumors 6502a

coolwater

Oh, if Wal-mart can sell iPhones, why can't Costco sell iPhones. Maybe it's another exclusive deal with Wal-mart and we can't have both.

Yes, it's just my wish, but I'd love to buy my iPhone from Costco because they have the best deals for non-iPhone AT&T phones. Activation fee? All waived for Costco members.

7. Noelmel macrumors regular

well Sams Club is connected to Walmart and they had the iphone for christmas last year

8. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

I wish I had a walmart near me. Not for the iphone, but for everyday CHEAP stuff. I can walk to an apple store and an at&t store though...maybe they should start selling wholesale groceries?

9. coolwater macrumors 6502a

coolwater

Really. If Walmart and Sam's Club have the iPhone, it's a slim chance that another discount warehouse would have it too. Bad news for me. :p

10. vpcirc macrumors newbie

walmart won't cheat you on the sales tax either

11. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

That is done by the state not the store.

12. ItsGavinC macrumors 6502

I know people yesterday were reporting paying $50 tax on a $200 phone.

I just ordered from apple.com and paid $16 on the $200 purchase. Maybe it was a glitch that has been fixed.

I don't know of any state that has a 25%+ sales tax!

13. aerospace macrumors 6502a

Unlikely, our cell dept closes at 9pm even though we are open 24/7(I work at Walmart). It's not even possible to write a contract after 9.

14. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Probably because the phone is taxed at its retail price and not the subsidized price.

15. Benjic macrumors regular

Sam's Club will not be able to waive any fees associated with the purchase of the iPhone, we aren't given a whole lot of leeway on the activation process, and it is all automated. As far as I know, an online sale like that would use the highest tax in the area until the billing info is confirmed, and the appropriate tax can be billed, that's how a lot of my online purchases have been.

16. JoelMarcey macrumors 6502

JoelMarcey

If you don't live in CA, RI, or MA you will be taxed "normally". For us in one of those 3 states, we have to pay tax on the unsubsidized price.