Walmart?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by frostbyte32, Feb 4, 2012.

1. frostbyte32 macrumors member

I'm upgrading my piece of crap Droid to an iPhone 4s on March 3rd...FINALLY ALMOST HERE!

I was doing some grocery shopping and while walking out noticed that Walmart had the iPhone 4 and 4s on display. I wanted to play around with it and then I noticed that it aid $88 for the 4 and $188 for the 4s.

My question...would there be anything negative about going through Walmart instead of Verizon or Apple? I've only ever gone through Verizon in the past so I didn't know if it would really mean anything in terms of the warrenty or anything.

2. 184550 Guest

3. frostbyte32 thread starter macrumors member

I'm going to be out of town at a conference and want to stop in and get it during a break in the conference. I'm hoping they have them in stock so I don't have to wait for it to be shipped to my house when I get back in town.

4. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

If there is something wrong with the phone within the first 30 days, it needs to be replaced by walmart if you want a new phone. You can still take it to Apple, but they WILL give you a refurb. Otheriwse, I am pretty sure you will not run into any problems.

----------

Walmart tends to be a good place to buy the phone. Most people don't think to go there, so I would expect it to be in stock.

5. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

Walmart usually does not stock many of them though.

6. iTouchiPodz macrumors newbie

how much do u pay monthy, u mayhave to upgrade ur plan to an iphone one which usually are 60 dollars plus XD

7. B777Forevar macrumors 6502a

B777Forevar

Other than the fact that it's wally world, nothing is different in getting your iPhone there.....

8. frostbyte32 thread starter macrumors member

Why would I have to upgrade my plan? I'm currently grandfathered in to their unlimited data.

9. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

for $88 ... you likely have to sign into a plan

10. frostbyte32 thread starter macrumors member

I'm assuming you mean renewing my contract? I'm fine with that...I've had to do that with every phone I've ever had...

11. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

No ... I am talking buying a new contract through Walmart

12. frostbyte32 thread starter macrumors member

Wouldn't I be able to renew my contract through them like I would any other Verizon dealer? I don't see how it would change anything.

13. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

chances are ... no ... the $88 price is likely for new clients ... how could Walmart make money selling a $500 phone for $88?

14. iTouchiPodz macrumors newbie

with really high iphone plans lol

15. frostbyte32 thread starter macrumors member

The 4 is usually only $99 through when signing a 2 year contract so I assume Walmart is still making money off of the deal when selling it for $88 and me renewing my contract with Verizon through them.

16. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

as I said .. I doubt this $88 deal does not require signing into a data plan ... and is likely geared towards new clients.

17. frostbyte32 thread starter macrumors member

I'll stop in and talk to them the next time I'm in there and let you guys know.

18. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

if you don't know, then don't comment lol

it's for new client or someone who is eligible for upgrade!

19. ptruong31 macrumors member

I work at walmart, you don't have to sign any kind of plan. You can simply do a two year upgrade and get the 4s for 188. Also the tax is on the 188. It might depend on your date, but I live in southern california and it comes out to about 205 after taxes. Hope this helps.

20. frostbyte32 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for confirming my suspicions. Indiana's sales tax is 7%, which would make it $201.16. Sounds about right.