Walsh Western delivery issues on my MBP... need advice :(

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NeonGreenHermit, May 16, 2011.

1. NeonGreenHermit macrumors regular

Hi all,

Just looking for some advice from anyone who has recently also bought a MBP (or anything) from Apple UK under the courier service of 'Walsh Western', which actually functions under the name of 'Syncreon' now.

I've always had fantastic service from Apple - my iPhones have always arrived days early and ordering has always been a joy. However, last wednesday I finally ordered a new MBP and chose free delivery - 'why not?' I thought, 'save myself a few pennies, and besides, Apple deliveries are fast and hassle free'. I then noticed that unlike previous orders, they had selected a mysterious 'Walsh Western' for courier duties.

Hmmm.

Anyway, after Googling them, eventually figuring out that they are actually Syncreon now, then eventually figuring out the correct combination of the various order numbers on my Apple invoice the Syncreon website accepted... it told me on Friday that my MBP had arrived at the local depot at around 5am that morning... so technically should have been on that delivery round.

Friday came and went, I grumbled once, but overall looked forward to today.

I stayed in all today, my Apple tracking page showing 'out for delivery'... but they have not come. No card, nothing. The Syncreon website has not updated since friday morning, either.

Tried calling Syncreon/WW, but their system is under the impression I have to be a Dell customer to continue past the IVR - any of the Apple numbers lead to fail and they were 'closed' at 16:30. What?

I then googled to see if anyone had any other contact numbers, and was met by a barrage of hate on forums and blogs - I cannot find one good word about them, and this leaves me a little worried, as it appears that they regularly lose deliveries and give them to the first person they see in the approximate vicinity of their customer's address. Also, reports say that they sub-contract drivers themselves... hundreds of posts by Dell customers livid about having to wait weeks for investigations by Dell to either get a replacement or money back.

Surely this is not the Apple way?

Anyway, I am beginning to think this may be the start of a nightmare. You may think I'm being over-dramatic, but I can't afford to take days off waiting in vain for what might take weeks to deliver. It totally is a first-world problem, but hey.

Anyone had any good experiences to alleviate my growing worries?

Much love.

2. NeonGreenHermit thread starter macrumors regular

Update:

It begins. 'Carrier delay - contact carrier'

*sigh*

Why did you hire morons, Apple?

3. salacious macrumors 6502a

I'm ordering a mbp in 2 weeks time from appleuk they better not mess me around although I plan on paying £15 for pre 9am delivery I'm a kid like that lol, u my friend are being mugged off get on the phone to apple tell them that this is disgusting service and that ul keep calling and sending emails to them until you get a new one sent out or they resolve it right now obvs be nice at first but if they say just wait then switch to psycho mode and trust me it always works they'll contact the delivery company, most likely theyl say it has been lost in the depot, u then say I want one sent out again its not my responsibilty that your chosen company lost it to my beilief stole it, so I want one special delivery next day if possible and trust me they can do it or ask to pick one up at their store if they wanna be funny.. Let me know what happens

4. NeonGreenHermit thread starter macrumors regular

:) Glad to know I'm not the only one who gets frustrated by these things!

Update 2:

Called 'Syncreon' at 09:30 this morning and the phone was messily picked up by some chap who sounded like he had just woken up (you know the vibe...). I tell him about my order, and he tells me that he can't help me, and that I need to call the department in Syncreon that deals with Apple. However, instead of transferring me, he tells me to call the department direct... IN IRELAND. I am UK based and don't want to pay international rates just so I can chase up my own purchase and do their job for them... but I try calling anyway... to a DEAD TONE. Retry... same thing. The number is the one on the Syncreon website (for Ireland) - still dead tone.

Resisting the urge to smash the phone against my skull with a calm FACEPALM, I call Apple, and a very friendly lady picked up and assured me that they would sort it, giving me a call back in a couple of hours. It's 11:10 now, so will wait another hour or so before calling back.

Verdict so far: I'm agitated, and this has definitely affected my decision to order direct from Apple again. Whilst it's technically not their fault, it technically is as well, as they hired a company so poor in performance that they had to change their name to hide from their past. And it's another day waiting in and not being able to do my work...

5. fingleburt macrumors member

If it help's any, when I ordered my XPS M1530 from Dell they used Walsh Western, it took 2 weeks to arrive! Totally inept company. Slightly concerned Apple are using this complany now as I'm thinking of purchasing a MBP in the next few months. I'm sure your's will turn up soon!

6. RockPortTech macrumors regular

Neon, any word so far? This is not good in any way, shape or form especially if you have been charged already for a product you have yet to receive. What did Apple say when you called them back?