Walt Disney World

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by offcamber, Mar 25, 2011.

1. offcamber macrumors 6502

offcamber

Anyone using a WDW parks app?
    There are a few that use interactive maps, photos and GPS and I was wondering if y'all could recommend one.
    Thank you.

2. brianm801 macrumors member

I've got the apps by VersaEdge Software... but for Disneyland not Disney World (they should offer the same experience though).

Disneyland Maps
    Disneyland Wait Times

They work great but im not sure i'd want to lug my ipad around the park :). Its fun to let the kids plan the day on the ipad in the hotel... but in the park they work better on the iphone (imho).

If your looking for a 'line wait time' app... I like 'Lines' by touringplans.com ($10 a year). It seem to be more accurate then the VersaEdge apps... plus it helps us pick the best time(s) of the year to visit the park.

When your 675 miles away from Disney its fun to browse the park and see what the parks are doing... now if they can make the iPad smell like churros i'd buy that app! :)

~Brian

3. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

4. offcamber thread starter macrumors 6502

offcamber

Thanks Brian. I'm considering the Versa apps & if they included a churro aroma it would be a no brainer!

Andy, I'm grabbing that map app now. I appreciate it!

5. David R macrumors 6502

I know the parks like the back of my hand so I've been looking into apps with wait times.

In my experience, the Versa apps have the most accurate wait times. The one from Undercover Tourist is not bad either.

Lines charges $10/year of access to wait time information but the truth is that the price is a high barrier of entry so there aren't as many people entering wait times and even though they use historical data, it is not as good as the others.

If you get one of those and you are using them to decide what to go on next, go ahead and be nice and submit some wait times, they help everyone.