Walt Mossberg's take on MobileMe (from WSJ)

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by avigalante, Jul 24, 2008.

1. avigalante macrumors 6502

avigalante

Walt Mossberg (from The Wall Street Journal) provided his take on MobileMe.

Currently, he does not recommend the service as he finds it too flawed for prime time use, although he does end-off with saying that 'should Apple get MobileMe working smoothly, it could be a terrific service'.

On my personal account, I seem to agree that MobileMe is a tad bit glitchy; just a tad.

Video link

2. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

I would like to know the details of the workarounds. And also which problems are being worked on.

Please post here if anybody knows.

Thanks,

3. MacAhoy macrumors member

Well -- I am sure that Apple "patiently explained" things to Uncle Walt, because he is a famous technology journalist!
    Send your message to Mossberg, Mike -- maybe he'll reply on his blog ("All Things Digital") for the benefit of everybody!

4. TLewis macrumors 65816

While I haven't had many of the problems that other people here have, I've got to agree with his assessment. It's just too flaky right now. Just today, mobileme decided to "lose" some of my contact information, but managed to "find" them an hour or so later (but that could be because I did a sync in the meantime). That (potential data loss) gives me the willies. I now have to do a data dump and compare my current contacts info with some from backups.

Grrr.