wanna check voicemail on your touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by csmitty, Oct 25, 2007.

1. csmitty macrumors regular

when your in the music player double tap the home button and see what happens. Now if you can figure out how to actually do it that'd be cool.

Just thought it was interesting.

2. PR. macrumors member

PR.

If you double tap the home button I see the music controls. They are available in all the applications it stops you having to exit out of the application you are in and returning to the music app to change track/volume :)

3. jacktiernan macrumors regular

WTF does that have to do with voicemail?

4. Antimatter macrumors regular

If you get all of the iPhone apps on your iPod, when you double tap the home button while in Cover Flow it will bring up an iPhone menu.

5. csmitty thread starter macrumors regular

OK my bad, I shouldn't have assumed it worked for none jailbreaked, iphone app'd ipods. I just figured since they even left the iphone can't be unlocked, or whatever it was still on there that they left the phone menu as well. I'll take a screen shot later to show you what i'm talkin about. Or if someone else wants too. I just happened to stumble on it and thought i'd share.

6. csmitty thread starter macrumors regular

Here ya go. I guess its probably in the GMM.Framework probably

[​IMG]

7. joshi3joshi macrumors regular

this is because you have the mobilephone.app. i assumed that when you put the iphone apps on your ipod, you copied it over as well. Only people who have mobilephone.app on their ipod will see this pop up when you do some kind of trick in the music player. i dont think its the GMM framework. the GMM framework is used for getting like either mail or maps working, i forget which

8. csmitty thread starter macrumors regular

ah good call. i do have the mobilephone.app on there. I just copied the whole folder will all the iphone apps and didn't even think about it. I guess it could be taken out since its just taking up space.

but yea all you have to do is be in the music player and hit home twice. kinda like you wanted to change just the track and volume in other areas. and it pops up. I was goin back and forth between internet and music and double tap'd the wrong time and thats how i found it.