Wanna drive a Windows user nuts?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Richard1028, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

...load up all the Expose hot corners with something and let them use your mac.

I did this with a colleague who only wanted to check his webmail. Every time his mouse hit a corner windows would fly, the screen would sleep or he'd be at the desktop.

What a hoot just watching him! The guy thought OSX was for mental wimps until he used it.

:D:D

2. pdjudd macrumors 601

If he was so biased, then why did he use it in the first place? And what good did it do for him when you set out to annoy him (at least thats what it sounds like, I don't know if that was your intent here). Is it your intent to be spiteful and re-enforce his views?

3. faragher6 macrumors newbie

i did the same thing to a professor except i didnt mean to do it. we were looking at a paper of mine on my macbook and she was trying to scroll and she activated my spaces and moved down one space. i knew what happened but just to mess with her i freaked out saying she deleted my entire paper. she felt so bad until i told her what happened...then she hated me. i still made an A on the paper!

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i know a lot of people who get annoyed by my settings this way, mac and window users alike. still a pretty petty thing to do in the first place if you're doing it on purpose.

5. Richard1028 thread starter macrumors 68000

Dude, lighten up and quit reading between the lines (there's nothing there to read).

He just borrowed my mac between flights because he didn't have his PC with him. It was funny for both of us and he learned that OSX was not a toy OS. If anything, he has more respect for the mac brand now.

6. pdjudd macrumors 601

When you entitle a thread "Wanna drive a Windows user nuts?" its hard not to draw a conclusion like I did. You should have made that a lot clearer from the get go. In my opinion you sounded like you treated him like an arrogant jerk. I had to be sure and say that t was just an opinion and that I was not sure of your intent but you have to remember that not everybody knows what you are thinking.

7. Cinder6 macrumors 6502

Cinder6

Wouldn't that, uh, drive anyone nuts? Then again, I can't see why anyone would use Expose corners in the first place; I always have apps at the screen edges.

8. adamfishercox macrumors 6502

Yeah hot corners really piss me off. I have one for sleep screen and thats it. Used to have a show desktop one but it's a huge time waster when i go to spotlight or the apple menu and all my windows fly away.

9. stainlessliquid macrumors 68000

That happened to my teacher who is a windows illiterate and only uses macs, he didnt know what was going on. Someone set one of the top corners to show all windows and he thought the mouse was broken since it was a mighty mouse.

10. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

What's with the rude replies in this thread? The guy had a funny post, it was about a friend (so we can assume he wasn't just doing it to be mean), and no harm was done. I think you've just proven a point about yourself, mrochester, and not about the person you attempted to insult.

jW

11. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Well I thought it was amusing. I'm not sure where all these uptight posts are coming from.

It's been getting so unfriendly around here lately...

12. Richard1028 thread starter macrumors 68000

I guess the adults here can read something intended as "tongue in cheek". The rest of you kiddies can just sit this one out.

Yes, he was a coworker/friend. Maybe it was the jet lag but I though it was funnier than hell. I let the poor bastard curse a few times before I helped him out. He kept hitting the "sleep" corner and thought he lost his work when the screen went black. :D

When I showed him what the hot corners can do he thought it was pretty cool. After we got to the hotel I disabled things and gave him of tour of OSX.

13. matthewscott661 macrumors 6502

matthewscott661

I find it funny, and I can relate to it.
    I usually have my computer with me in studio(I'm an architecture student), and people will always come up and ask to use it for something real quick, but they always end up hitting a hot corner because I have all four of them set to do something. It's funny to watch them struggle for a few seconds, but most of them are intelligent enough to figure out on their own what they did.

I think my only qualm with hot corner is that every user can have different setting for them depending on their preference. I hate when I go to use someone else's mac and and all of a sudden I can't access spaces via the top right corner!!