Wanna keep it simple. Crit?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Messy, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Messy macrumors 6502

http://www.messytweets.com

Just want a mega super simple website that streams my tweets, and shows a few examples of the work i do when it comes to art.

Any crit? This is how far 4 hours has got me.

2. schimmel macrumors member

schimmel

That's some very good looking art you got there.

Ofc criticism depends on what your aim is. If you wanna sell stuff/get people interested professionally, it's lacking some stuff of course.

I find the gallery thing a bit tedious to navigate. It doesn't auto-scroll to the next slide, and you there is no next/prev buttons which are way simpler than clicking at individual pictures.

Personally, I'd find it intresting to read more about the artist behind, a bit on who you are and what techniques you do (per picture would be interesting indeed) and so on. But like I said, would need to know the purpose/aim before I can say too much.

3. Messy thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi,

Well, the art is just what I do when im bored, im ok with it, not bad but it's not something I do professionally.

I was more interested in how the site works itself, the CSS code etc and how it worked, or, didnt work.

With regards to the images, I agree, maybe an autoscrolller, on a timer or something? Would that annoy people?

In terms of knowing about the artist, what would you be interested in? What would you want to know?

Thanks for the feedback :)

4. jtara, Sep 19, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2011

jtara macrumors 65816

If you want to keep it simple, you don't need to TELL anyone that you are keeping it simple. They will get it. x the first four words. See? More simple.

Then, rather than let people guess what it is you do for a living - based on the tools you use in your work - how about stating it explicitly? One rule I like to use when writing is to avoid anything that is going to make the reader stop and try to figure-out what you were getting-at. Don't make it a puzzle.

And you can't have ANY spelling or grammar errors in something so short. It should be "who's" not "whos".

Finally: throw the cow over the fence some hay, but only if you're Pennsylvania-Dutch. Should be "A few of the projects I've worked on include..."

I realize this isn't exactly the kind of advice you asked for, but it's what I'm able to help you with.