Wanna Laugh!

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by iMac Daddy, Oct 18, 2014.

1. iMac Daddy macrumors newbie

OK, I know I'm going to hear it on this one; but, I just figured out how to turn my new iMac on. Now I need to know how to shutdown and turn it off. Would someone, please, take pity on me and tell me how?

I've, also, noticed that my new iMac came with all the software already installed; there are no disks, or anything. What do I do if the software becomes corrupt and I have to reload a program or, maybe, all the programs?

Yes, I paid for Apple's One-To-One training, and attended my third session the other day; but I forgot to ask the instructor how to shutdown and turn off the iMac? I have a good excuse for this blunder: While I was sitting there trying to forget everything I ever learned about Windows, the instructor comes out with, 'I travel a lot; and I'm able to set up my Apple computer for wherever I am in the world ....... Which is, usually, Africa.' (Say watt!) :eek:

So, there I am with my, 'mental slate', now, wiped completely clean; and the instructor comes out with the follow-up comment, 'I like Africa, and try to get there, at least 2 or 3 times a year!'

Later on, while we're driving home from the Apple Store, my wife says to me, 'Listen, Sport, anything you need to know about that new computer of yours, I want you to find on the internet.' 'From now on no more One-To-One for you, OK!'

(I think I agree.) :confused:

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

What you need is the David Pogue's book on Yosemite. Trust me when I say he will make laugh while informing you all that you need in the new OS X.