Wanna light my local Apple Store on fire...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Veritas&Equitas, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

Ok, maybe that's a little rash.

Maybe I should say I'm extremely frustrated with them.

So I've been waiting for the new bluetooth keyboards for a long time, calling all 4 local stores here in the Twin Cities nearly every day asking if they've gotten the new keyboards in (seeing that many other MR members have gotten theirs).

I called today, and was told:
    "Yup, they just came in."
    I say, "Great, I'll be by in a bit, can you please put one aside for me?"
    He says, "Sure, what's your name?" (I give him my name).
    "Well, you might have to wait an hour or so, because they haven't been entered into our system yet."
    So I clarify again, "These are the new thin version bluetooth, wireless keyboards right?"
    He says, "Yup!"

Great. So I wait an hour, I get in my car and drive the 1/2 hour to the local store. Walk in, ask one of the Geniuses if they can retrieve the keyboard that I called about and have on hold, under my name. She says, "No problem." Disappears behind the door.

5 minutes later, she walks out, and says, "I'm sorry, we don't have any bluetooth keyboards, and we haven't gotten any shipments in, who did you talk to?"

I realize I didn't get the guys name, so I have no name to tell her.

She's like, "Well, I'm really sorry, but we don't have any." Another Genius overhearing us says, "Yeah, I don't think they should be in until the very end of October." I reply, "Well, they are already shipping in certain areas, many people online already have them."

So, they both say there is nothing they can do, apologize, and get on with their day. What kind of garbage is that?

So frustrated, just had to vent some anger after waiting for so long, finding them in my local store, hopping in my car and driving an hour round trip, to have one of the real "Geniuses" at the store pull my leg or completely bs something he has no idea about. Stupid Apple :mad:

(P.S. I don't hate them completely, I'm a Mac addict myself, just hard to swallow atm).

2. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

3. Veritas&Equitas thread starter macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

What happens? Apple stores purposely lie about their inventory or are that incompetent that they imagine something that isn't there?

4. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

You forgot to put the 'Sh' at the beginning of your post! ( :D )

5. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

Yup... replace "Apple Stores" with "People in day to day life" and you have just about got it. Because everyone in retail is either a moron... or hates their job and their customers.

6. bwv1013 macrumors newbie

the one time i went to an apple store and actually needed help i got very poor service. they were busy at the time so who knows. no big deal, i just purchased the same product elsewhere. as far as i'm concerned i paid for and received a great product.

7. jczubach macrumors 6502

jczubach

Or they are just people, like you and me, trying to navigate their way in this world? :eek: I couldn't begin to itemize the extent of my own transgressions, thank googl....(oops!) "GODDLE!". Man did I make some BooBoos....