Want a geeky code screensaver. TIRED of only finding Matrix fail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MrCheeto, Nov 26, 2009.

1. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

I am really really dying inside since upgrading to Snow Leopard because my screensavers are....*sobs* DEAD! or at least the only one that I used to love, Fenetres Volantés.

So since then I've been using some default screensavers and looking for a replacement.

What I want is a black background with scrolling text. Sadly, there are too many wunnabe 1337 kids that fell in love with escaping to the Matrix where the junior high bullies can't hurt them so all Google results yield ching-chonganese text falling. What I really want is a screensaver that looks like it's running a command line level operation.

Example

[​IMG]

Any suggestions? Much appreciated!

FYI: That's the iPhone Doom app source code ;)

2. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    That's very mature OP. :rolleyes:

3. MrCheeto thread starter macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Then TELL ME what it is!

Watch the Matrix, it looks like asian logograms...but it's NOT!

4. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

It's usually done in Katakana (Japanese alphabet, one of them anyways), but flipped horizontally as if viewed from behind. I don't recall if the movie did it that way, but most screensavers have done that.

As to your original question, I wonder how hard it would be to make a screensaver that would, I dunno, just scroll through your Console entries or something like that? I haven't seen one though.

jW

5. MrCheeto thread starter macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

That would be great...but I'm not a programmer and it has to be 64bit =\

Anyway, discuss

thanks

6. Blahah macrumors newbie

Easy, just use FadeText screensaver. http://allocsoft.com/fadetext/

Paste in code snippets to the text entry page in the settings, separate them by double line space and select multi-line display and random.

Oh, and the 'ching-chonganese' you mentioned in the Matrix rain is a mixture of western characters and reversed katakana (a Japanese syllabic script) glyphs.