Want a landscape homescreen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dsr1205, Apr 9, 2009.

?

want a landscape homescreen option?

1. Yes!!!!

19 vote(s)
    30.6%
  2. NOOOOOOOO

21 vote(s)
    33.9%
  3. maybe, if it is disable-able

22 vote(s)
    35.5%
  1. Dsr1205 macrumors 6502

in my use of iphone 3.0 i find the landscape keyboard awesome to use as i go from mms to safari to mail. the only problem is im navigating my phone sideways like some crazy person as i switch between them. I wish there was a landspace homescreen option so i could start the mms and safari and mail app in landscape mode. what do you think?

2. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

I wouldn't use it, but who am I to begrudge others' wishes, so I voted maybe.

3. Dsr1205 thread starter macrumors 6502

i like your please-everyone ideology. But because it would only help use thoes three apps, i doubt it. I cite the case of World of Warcraft original vs the expansion. In the expansions there are flying mounts. You cant use the mounts in the old game part caus they never coded for it. So i doubt i would ever see it. But a man can dream can he?

4. Almy macrumors 6502

I wish I could landscape everything with a lock to keep it landscaped. But like most people I think choice is optimal. Allow toggles for everyone to choose how they want it, including which way they want it landscaped or portrait(ed!)

5. Andruw91 macrumors regular

What if it just rotated like the safari or messaging apps. You could hold it in portrait or landscape. That way everyone gets what they want and can change it easily.

6. jeremykyle macrumors regular

I have always wondered why Apple did not implement this feature. If you hold it in landscape, everything goes landscape and vise versa. I would love to have this because using the iPhone in landscape makes me feel sexy.

7. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

it makes me feel sexy too. in a 'look my screen will change no matter which way i put it' way.

i think it would be cool to have this feature and then in settings be able to enable or disable it.

8. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

If you mean "turning the screen makes the homescreen turn" then my answer is NOOOOOOOO. Even if that can be turned off, I still don't want it. No one should be subjected to that, even if they think they want it.

But if you mean "go into settings and decide which way you want your home-screen to always be set" well, I think that's a dumb feature, but I guess I could ignore it.