Want a MBA

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sammyman, May 8, 2008.

1. sammyman macrumors 6502a

I want a mackbook air, but will only buy when they come out with usb 3.0. that would justify in my mind buying a new computer. This would allow for a fast connection to external hd's and such. When will they do this on the mba?

2. Satori macrumors 6502a

Satori

USB 3.0 won't be seen in commercial products until 2009 at the earliest, and possibly not until 2010. Quite a while to wait!:(

3. sammyman thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wow. Didn't realize that :( Bummer. They need firewire 800 or something fast so I can record and work on videos with an external monitor. USB 2.0 doesn't cut it!

4. MacHipster macrumors 6502

The MBA wouldn't be a good fit for what you want to use it for. A MBP would be an apt choice.

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

If you were doing work in video, I'm absolutely sure Apple did not market the MBA to people like you, and therefore, may never include what you're looking for (ie: FW800 or 1600, USB 3, and other ports) in the MBA. Get what's appropriate for the job.

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

So you proclaim you want an MBA but you set up some strict standards that are unreasonable considering the MBA won't ever be for what you want it to be? Nice....
    You want a computer that is not suitable for your needs. Wait for USB 3.0, regardless the MBA with or without USB 3.0 won't suit your needs.