Want an anti glare screen and CD drive...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by PT123, Jul 28, 2013.

1. PT123 macrumors member

I'm going to buy a 15 MBP to upgrade from my current 13. I really like the anti glare screens and quite like having a cd drive even though it isn't used that much.

What would you guys do - go for these features on an older computer or change with the times and get the newest technology? I work in finance so it is just a business computer, nothing fancy. I'm worried that if I buy the 'traditional MBP now that it will seem outdated very soon.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Any computer you buy now will become outdated eventually, so buy what you need, when you need it. You can get what you want with a current model, which should last you several years.

3. SilverOath macrumors member

Well 'traditional' is just a word another word for 'archaic'!

The rMBPro has an anti-glare coating that works fairly well, and you can get a external DVD drive that weighs less than the difference of the cMBPro and rMBPro and just haul it along when you need it. They're thin enough you can slip it inside any carrying sleeve along with the laptop.

Any system you buy 'right now' is not going to have the 'latest' and 'greatest' as they're about to be updated within a few months. However, from the reports we have now it's unlikely that there will be a significant performance boost in the next generation. In some cases (if you are a gamer) it is looking even more likely that there may be a reduction in graphics performance in the next generation.

If you're really set on a cMBPro and thrifty you can probably save a lot of money and still most of the performance by getting a used current generation cMBPro with AG.