Want an External Display that matches my Black MacBook Display!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by RustyMac, Mar 2, 2009.

1. RustyMac macrumors member

As the title states. I am looking for an external display that matches the display on my black MacBook. I want one with the same gloss finish as my MacBook, this way I can calibrate both screens to look the same. That way when I switch screens it doesn't look different.

Anyone know of a screen that looks identical to the (previous generation) MacBook? I was thinking of getting a Samsung T240 but it has a different finish. How are ASUS screens? Any screens out there that have the same gloss finish?

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Despite the fact that the external would be glossy, calibrating it to look exactly the same would be incredibly difficult, as the panel/backlight/processing circuitry will still be completely different.

3. RustyMac thread starter macrumors member

I see what you are saying. Who makes our screen on the MacBook? Is it Samsung LG or someone else? I have looked at a lot of monitors and the ones with a gloss finish look richer and the blacks look darker (my opinion of course). I just want a screen that has the same finish has the black MacBook.

4. RustyMac thread starter macrumors member

5. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Depends on the panel. You'd have to find out which panel model you have in the display calibration profile, then google it. I think Apple's largest suppliers are LG and chi-mei.