Want an InvisibleShield?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sr5878, Jun 12, 2008.

1. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

hey guys,

i bought an IS for my 1st gen iphone. fortunately i decided to sell it before i got the shield, so i'm now returning it for a 3g shield.

i have 4 20% off coupons for their store... with the 20% preorder discount on 3g shields, this sure saves a good amount. maybe if you use one you can post the two coupon codes they give you for ordering... a perpetual cycle.

here are mine. they are one-time use only, so grab them while they're hot. don't forget to post the ones they send you for ordering if you decide to use one!

ZAGG Store

dfkvrk
    vydblk
    azlmkm
    vd5cdb
    w2qzkc (thanks zildjianfan)
    a5ertp
    ujf28p (citron)
    9u2qck
    en2evq
    lcqaln
    fbslll
    8ztkad
    eyyjhv (JNR)

there's also a promotion for the coupon "pcworld20" but i don't know how long that one will last.

enjoy!

2. Van Wildonher macrumors 6502a

Where do you see 20% off on pre orders? I'm only able to get 20% off total. So that makes $31.94 for two, it's cheaper to get the Bodyguardz ones they come with 2 for $24.95

Edit: Nevermind I'm blind. I will stick to the Bodyguardz. Thanks for the codes even though I won't be using them.

3. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

Or you can get the ones from BestSkinsEver for just $8 each. It's all the same material (I've had both), they just don't offer a lifetime warranty like IS does. But for $8, you can just buy another one if you need it. I've had it on my iPod 5G for years.

4. touchyphone macrumors regular

^^ Bestskinsever Rocks! They are quick to ship and work great! Got one on mine now!

5. ScottSFA macrumors member

Which one is better Invisible Shield or Bodyguardz?

6. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

Neither. They all use the exact same material that was originally developed by 3M. Your best bet is BestSkinsEver, because it's the cheapest. Why anyone would voluntarily pay more for the exact same material is beyond me.

7. sfroom macrumors regular

While they may be made from the same material, they may not be the same pattern. It's possible that one company's skin/shield could fit your product better than anothers.

However, that being said, I assume they all fit acceptably well, and marginally better fit probably does not justify 3x the price for most users. From what I've read on the 'net, I'd recommend BestSkinsEver.

8. sr5878 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm trying the IS because the back shield is one piece, as opposed to 3 from BSE. I never had any trouble with them aside from application, but I've had to buy 3 of them so far (had my iPhone replaced 3 times).

IS has the replacement guarantee, so I'm willing to pay the extra in case my phone craps out. It may end up to be a better investment in the long run.

I do agree with what you all are saying though... BSE makes a great skin and I fully recommend it.

9. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

That's a good point. I suppose that will be important to some people; personally I don't mind the three pieces and I like the $8 for BSE. :) I'm looking forward to seeing what cut each company comes up with for the 3G, because I'm probably going to want a skin for that scratch-magnet.

10. friekunater macrumors 6502

dang, iPhone screen covers cost that much?!? I bought some, ExtremeMac Tuffshields, 5 for $15, for my iPod touch and I think that's a crazy price let alone like $8-15 for an iPhone one!
    wow...

11. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

I am interested in one of the IS 3g ones. I actually decided I wouldn't get a case or anything for my new 3g iPhone just cause it is so sexy but the more I think about it, the more I know it will end up scratching/getting dirty. If you have owned one of these, how is it? Is it easy to apply? Does it affect the multi-touch at all? And what is your overall experience? Thanks!

12. zildjianfan macrumors regular

As far as QUALITY, are IS, Bodyguardz, and BSE all the same?

13. ScottSFA macrumors member

I plan on getting this...http://www.sfbags.com/products/iphonesmartcase/iphonesmartcase.htm
    plus a Body Guardz shield.

14. S Brake macrumors regular

I'm trying to decide on getting the IS. I don't know if I want to wait until I get the shield shipped and then go out and get the phone or if I should wait until the mall kiosk has them in store to get the phone.

edit: I decided to go ahead and order one but all the codes were already used, the code pcworld20 worked for me though.

15. Van Wildonher macrumors 6502a

16. sr5878 thread starter macrumors 6502a

BSE is very high quality... i took them off the 2 phones i had to surrender to apple, and they both peeled off clean and the phone looked brand new.

that being said, I did have to buy a total of 3 of them plus shipping each time. invisibleshield has them up for preorder and has the IS guarantee... so i'm giving them a shot.

one downside for both is that they do not have the product ready, and they will not be ready until after july 11th. i'm not sure what i'm going to do to protect my phone during that time.

17. timmciglobal macrumors member

Just bought a 3g one with PCworld20 code for 9.96 shipped for front coverage. Loved my old one.

Tim

18. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Are these the 100% protection skins?

I've been pleased with PowerSupport Antistatic (AppleStore) on the screen and iStyles on the back :)

19. sr5878 thread starter macrumors 6502a

yup, they cover everything except the volume/hold/mute switch, and maybe some small areas on the corners depending on how well you apply it.

20. dangoland macrumors member

I think it would be really interesting to apply an IS on the 3G back with those curves.

I had an IS for my 5th gen video ipod and my nintendo ds lite... curves were a pain, and would eventually peel off. Works marvel on a plain surface where you can easily apply with with a credit card, but how the hell you bend it around that egg shape without many bubbles?

21. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

If you take a look at the site, you'd realize they're not screen covers. They're full-body adhesive scratch-proof shields, and the material is some really great stuff -- not just some cheap static cling plastic. I had a 30GB iPod covered in one for years, and it got tossed around in my pocket with keys and loose change and when I peeled the skin off right before I sold it, the iPod looked absolutely brand new.

In fact I don't plan on putting the screen protector part of the skin on my iPhone...just the back. The iPhone's screen doesn't scratch easily at all. I am concerned about that plastic back though.

22. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

Yes...again, they're all the exact same material developed by 3M. The only difference between the three is the cut and the warranty.

23. badgerman macrumors 6502a

Do you rec its worth waiting to see how they fit on the 3G iphone or just go with the cheapest on preorder?

If it is put on correctly, would you notice its there if you didnt know it was on?

24. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

I'd like to know about these skins as well. I dont like cases and I dont like the plastic covers. IMHO, they just take away from the "pretty-ness" of the phone and look cheap to me.

Can you see these skins when they are on? Do the skins get scratched so that they would have to be replaced?

25. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

I had the BSE before, this time I am going to IS because of the lifetime warranty.