Want An iPhone 4s, Did NOT Pre-Order...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JGC1986, Oct 13, 2011.

1. JGC1986 macrumors regular

JGC1986

Does anyone see it possible that Verizon will have the iPhone 4s soon in stores?

I did not pre-order because I am using my moms upgrade on her account, I am paying for the phone and then she is switching back to her flip phone, then I am activating it on my account.

I'm just trying to figure out when I might be able to pick one up in the store. Would I be better off driving about an hour away, to the middle of nowhere where I went to college, and visit their Verizon store?

2. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

With the info you've provided, no one will know which store you should go to.

I'd personally go to the closest store as early as you can and before it opens if possible.

3. JGC1986 thread starter macrumors regular

JGC1986

I live in the Richmond, VA area, and the sstores in the middle of no where I was referring to were Farmville and Lynchburg.

4. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

You should have already been standing in line at the store.

5. malibuboats91 macrumors regular

I went into my apple store last night to ask the likelihood of them having iPhones in stock on Friday. They told me that they were informed that they will have enough to last the whole day. I live in a city with a population of only 40,000 though

6. shadrap macrumors 6502

I have read a couple articles over the last couple hours saying that queuing is very low so far. Some of the bigger stores only having 4-5 in line at the moment. Tomorrow may be actually easier to pick one up than many believe.

7. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

Maybe you should try calling both of the Verizon stores you're considering to see if they can tell you if they're expecting to have extras to sell or not. I'd definitely give a call and try to find out rather than driving for an hour and hoping for the best.

I would expect that Apple stores would have quite a lot on hand, but they'll also likely have much longer lines. There's so many variables involved it's hard to say what will happen. Good luck, though!

8. jovb macrumors newbie

Preorder it at Target. It's 50 dollars to preorder and today is the last day. The day you go to pick up your phone, you can trade in your old phone and get pocket money for that. You can use it towards the iPhone. And most employees like myself give customers 15% off.

9. Frankenstein macrumors member

Are Apple or AT&T stores going to have separate lines for reservations/preorders and walk-ins? I preordered over the phone but AT&T screwed the processing so I won't be getting that shipment for weeks. Since I am a new customer, my wife and I are going to wait in line and open a new account under her name, and then cancel the account I preordered on (as soon as AT&T lets us cancel). So now I am just trying to gauge the line wait. Right now I'm thinking of going to AT&T instead of apple since apple will have AT&T, VZ, and sprint customers. I can get there anywhere between midnight and store opening. Advice?

10. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I just stopped by the small AT&T store near my office. My first priority was to confirm they would actually have 4S's in-store tomorrow morning for walk-in customers. They will. The guy said they aren't doing pre-orders (I'd forgotten they were doing it differently than during the iPhone 4 pre-order). It will all be walk-ins.

I kinda laughed and asked him candidly if he knew of people saying they were going to stand in line tomorrow morning at that store. He said he'd heard from about 10 people that they would be there at the time the store opens. That gives me some hope. Then he told me they should have enough 4S's to get them through the day, although that just depends on demand. Yet again, that gives me some hope to get my hands on one tomorrow, but if not, no big deal.

He did say if 100 people showed up and got in line that he was going to be honest with them and tell them they don't have that many (I got the impression they'd have somewhere around 50 4S's at the beginning of the day). He seemed like he was already preparing himself for the crush...lol.

So, I'm planning to get to the store around 8:30 tomorrow morning (they open at 10). If there's a big line, I'll just keep driving. But if there are only a few people there, I'm fairly certain I'll have one tomorrow. :cool:

11. KDDatabase macrumors member

Don't you have an Apple store at Short Pump Town Center or something like that? If so, go there.