Want green iTunes icon

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jCrabb13, Sep 22, 2010.

1. jCrabb13 macrumors newbie

If anyone is still runnin OS9 or has it on their computer like my white g5 did when i upgraded, if you could get me the green iTunes.icns, the one with the CD and the green music note? that would be just swell. I really want it just to be different instead of the iTunes10 look (not a fan) if you have it and dont know how just ask, it should be the same process as getting the new ones...

Thanks in advance!

2. jCrabb13 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You don't have to download the app. The icon is right there on the page. You can find more by a simple Google search for "green iTunes icon"
    ScreenCap 1.PNG

4. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

The image is on the page though. You could always turn it into an icon. Not the easiest method, but it would work.

5. jCrabb13 thread starter macrumors newbie

ya idk how to turn a jpeg into a icns, i tried just changing the extension and putting it in the Resources folder but no bueno (yes i rebooted to check).

how do i actually convert it?

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Actually, it's extremely simple. Just copy the image, Get Info on iTunes.app, click the icon in the upper left corner, paste. Done.
    You don't need to convert it to use it on a file, folder or app. Just follow the instructions above. If you need it in .icns format, use something like Img2icns.

7. jCrabb13 thread starter macrumors newbie

oh wow. i went full retard. haha. for some reason i was thinking you had to do apps through the icns in the package contents...muh bad.