Want iOS 5, I'm on a Windows PC

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SRLMJ23, Jun 6, 2011.

1. SRLMJ23 macrumors 65816

SRLMJ23

Can someone give me the link to where I would need to go to sign up for the developer site AND tell me if because I am on Windows will I be able to use it or not?

2. rkmac macrumors 6502

rkmac

All the info on signing up as a developer can be found here.
    However from what I hear, you have to have the latest beta of iTunes to get iOS5, and the iTunes Beta is currently Mac-only.

3. SRLMJ23 thread starter macrumors 65816

SRLMJ23

Can anyone on a Windows 7 machine confirm if they got theirs working or not?

4. JCCL macrumors 6502a

Incorrect, iTunes Beta is available for both windows and mac

5. SRLMJ23 thread starter macrumors 65816

SRLMJ23

So can someone explain what I need to do?? I know I need to register the account, that's no problem. After that I have no clue what to do.

6. SRLMJ23 thread starter macrumors 65816

SRLMJ23

I just want to make sure that since I am a Windows user and am gonna flop down 99.00 that ill be able to get everything to work.

7. rkmac macrumors 6502

rkmac

I stand corrected. I just checked a few other posts and it seems the iTunes beta 10.5 is available for windows which means you should be able to get the iOS5 Beta when you have a developer account.
    As I said, the best source of info on how to do so is on the apple developer page, just got there and read :)

8. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

really you are going to pay 99 bucks to get power draining still buggy OS a few months early.
    Power draining in the fact that it is a beta so all the debugging stuff is running which causes an increase power drain.

9. SRLMJ23 thread starter macrumors 65816

SRLMJ23

I need someone on a Windows machine to please verify if they could download the software and get it running. I don't want to waste a 100.00!!

10. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

I am running Windos 7 Professional 64-bit, and I could not get it to work. I downloaded the iTunes 10.5 beta from jailbreakzone, but I got my actual iOS file from the developer website. I am running OS X on a virtual machine (that's where I do my app development) and I was able to install it there after a few attempts (with errors) and restarts. But when I tried to do my restore from backup, iTunes wouldn't recognize my iPad for some reason. So instead, I did the restore from the Windows iTunes (I did a backup on Windows and Mac VM just in case) and it worked fine.

However, it did not restore any of my apps... :(

Strange setup, I know, but I just couldn't justify buying another computer just to make a few apps ;)

11. Icy1007 macrumors 6502a

Icy1007

There is no such thing as iTunes 10.5.

The iTunes with the iCloud beta is 10.3 and is US only.

12. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

There most certainly is iTunes 10.5... I downloaded it from the Apple Developer website (for Mac) as it says you need it to install iOS 5. It is still beta though.

There are also some links to a Windows version on a couple other sites, and I downloaded that one as well.

Both of them very clearly state 10.5 too. So just because you don't have it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist ;)