want iphone 4s to appear as a drive on a PC

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by outlander83, Feb 3, 2012.

1. outlander83 macrumors newbie

hey all
    i have a jailbroken 4s. i am wondering if there is any app that will allow me to view the iphones memory on my pc as a hard drive so i can drag and drop files on to it?
    thanks all ;)

2. Arelunde macrumors 6502a

Arelunde

With the regular OS, you can only access the photo files. I know there's an app in Cydia that will access internal files, but I'm not sure about how far into the iPhone's internal files you can get via computer.

3. outlander83 thread starter macrumors newbie

yea i got ifile on cydia but that just lets me manipulate the files on the iphone. still cant use the PC file manager to transfere files etc.

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Are you looking to access a particular type of file that's already on the phone? If so, tell us exactly what you're trying to reach.

OR, are you just looking to use the phone as a flash drive to put files on? If so, there are many apps that will do that. Here's one I use:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/files-document-reader/id294150896?mt=8

You use the iTunes 'apps' tab to transfer files. This means you can access the files on any computer that has iTunes on it.

5. outlander83 thread starter macrumors newbie

truthfully mate i hate itunes and am trying to avoid it if i can. mostly i would like to be able to drag and drop music and roms from my pc, thats why it would just be easier it i could get it to show up as a drive.
    cheers for the help so far guys ;)

6. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

7. fiveainone macrumors 6502a

Best one I found is iFunBox for both PC and Mac. Works on non-jailbroken and jailbroken phones. Of course the JB ones have bascially complete access to the root directory of the phone vs the non-JB one.

8. malias4 macrumors 6502a

malias4

ι think the app dfrom cydia is pwn tunes or something like that :eek:

9. mi3x macrumors member

If you really want to see the iphone as a drive, use Netatalk from cydia and follow this tutorial.

This is an old method though, you can use (with or without jb) DiskAid.

Also you have iExplorer (free app), SSH, etc.