Want iPhoto to sort events by folder

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Dany M, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Dany M macrumors 6502

This is kinda annoying, i have all of the pictures I have in folders specific for what they are but when I import folders it sots it by week....:confused:

Can anyone help...also, like in itunes is it possible for me to not copy the pictures to the iphoto library??

2. jplan2008 macrumors regular

1) iPhoto-Preferences-events, uncheck "imported events from finder" -- is supposed to prevent autosplitting folders dragged in or imported. Not sure I've done this, so can't verify it works as advertised.

2) yes: iPhoto-preferences-advanced uncheck "copy items to the iPhoto library."

3) My $.02 -- You can organize photos by "album," AND events, so may as well use two different organizing schemes (and even better, when you import the folder, add a keyword to all the photos (select all, command-k), then you can change around the scheme and still come back to your original folder names)

3. Dany M thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for 1 :)

and i just found out that by dragging folders to the iphoto thing would import the pictures in the folder they are in as events :)

Thanks for your help