Want my iCal info drawer back!!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by cvkaiser, Oct 28, 2007.

1. cvkaiser macrumors newbie

Hi, just frustrated that they cut the ical info drawer. I know that it might be not very hand on small screens because it decreased the size of the actual calender - but with the new iCal I can´t see any info about events and todos - I first to doubleclick every event to get info - and then the bubble pops up. I´m on a two monitor setup, and when I doubleclick a todo on the right sight of the screen the bubble is hanging between the gaps of the monitors and I have to move it to be able to read. When I close it and doubleclick again it is back to the odd position...grrr...
    not so happy now with this evolution - a preference of either bubble or drawer would have been cool - also the possiblity to see the bubble only with one click...
    Best regards - Christoph

2. JPark macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I'm with you. I use iCal a lot, and every few hours I start looking around in the preferences and such trying to figure out how to get it back.

3. mikelong622 macrumors 6502

I third the gripe for the info bar. I just started using iCal a couple months before Leo was released. Now I have to re-learn it.

4. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Hear! Hear!
    I cannot imagine why they removed it.

Now I have to select the event and hit cmd-E… sigh :(

5. JPark macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the cmd-E tip. I knew there had to be a way to get to the edit window more quickly but had not been able to find one.

6. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

It works OK… but not as quick as having an info pane open all the time.

Anyway… Steve knows best I guess. :rolleyes:;):p

7. macguymike macrumors 6502

Just to speak up from the other side, I have a 12" PB G4, and I hate that info drawer (still using Tiger, here).

Ideally there should be an OPTION to use the drawer or a separate window for event info.

Really, would that be so difficult??

8. dbrandt6 macrumors member

dbrandt6

Another way...

to view Info is to just "double click" on the event.

9. Nehima macrumors newbie

just so you know, i have tiger and updated recently, and got stuck with that crap too. I miss the info drawer, now it pops up wherever and whenever it feels like it and is soooo annoying

10. rrraven macrumors newbie

Yeah, I'd love to revert to the earlier iCal that was much easier to both add info and view info. I don't want floating boxes, I just want my nice simple panel that's there in a single click! Considering switching to a 3rd party app. Anyone find one that retains this functionality?

11. Ashka macrumors 6502a

Ashka

Hey Guys,
    Just type a period in the iCal search box and you will get the list back like Tiger.

12. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

Good tip. Cheers.

13. bexier macrumors newbie

Subject line plus info

When you want a subject line for the calendar and then add extra info for note purposes just hit Option + Return (or enter). This will take you down to the second line and it won't appear in the calendar unless you double click on it to read it in full.