Want my iCal info drawer back!!

cvkaiser

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2006
Germany
Hi, just frustrated that they cut the ical info drawer. I know that it might be not very hand on small screens because it decreased the size of the actual calender - but with the new iCal I can´t see any info about events and todos - I first to doubleclick every event to get info - and then the bubble pops up. I´m on a two monitor setup, and when I doubleclick a todo on the right sight of the screen the bubble is hanging between the gaps of the monitors and I have to move it to be able to read. When I close it and doubleclick again it is back to the odd position...grrr...
not so happy now with this evolution - a preference of either bubble or drawer would have been cool - also the possiblity to see the bubble only with one click...
Best regards - Christoph

JPark

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2006
Hi, just frustrated that they cut the ical info drawer. I know that it might be not very hand on small screens because it decreased the size of the actual calender - but with the new iCal I can´t see any info about events and todos - I first to doubleclick every event to get info - and then the bubble pops up. I´m on a two monitor setup, and when I doubleclick a todo on the right sight of the screen the bubble is hanging between the gaps of the monitors and I have to move it to be able to read. When I close it and doubleclick again it is back to the odd position...grrr...
not so happy now with this evolution - a preference of either bubble or drawer would have been cool - also the possiblity to see the bubble only with one click...
Best regards - Christoph
Yeah, I'm with you. I use iCal a lot, and every few hours I start looking around in the preferences and such trying to figure out how to get it back.

JPark

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2006
Hear! Hear!
I cannot imagine why they removed it.

Now I have to select the event and hit cmd-E… sigh :(
Thanks for the cmd-E tip. I knew there had to be a way to get to the edit window more quickly but had not been able to find one.

macguymike

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2003
California
Just to speak up from the other side, I have a 12" PB G4, and I hate that info drawer (still using Tiger, here).

Ideally there should be an OPTION to use the drawer or a separate window for event info.

Really, would that be so difficult??

Nehima

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2008
just so you know, i have tiger and updated recently, and got stuck with that crap too. I miss the info drawer, now it pops up wherever and whenever it feels like it and is soooo annoying

rrraven

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2008
Toronto
Yeah, I'd love to revert to the earlier iCal that was much easier to both add info and view info. I don't want floating boxes, I just want my nice simple panel that's there in a single click! Considering switching to a 3rd party app. Anyone find one that retains this functionality?

bexier

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2009
Subject line plus info

When you want a subject line for the calendar and then add extra info for note purposes just hit Option + Return (or enter). This will take you down to the second line and it won't appear in the calendar unless you double click on it to read it in full.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.