Want my money

Discussion in 'iPod' started by saxonfish, Nov 28, 2007.

1. saxonfish macrumors newbie

I just joined to ask something. My stupid friend stole a mp4 player from me that cost $150 and a bunch of other stuff totaling $800. It was about 1 and a hallf years ago and i found out a few months ago it was him. His mum replaced everything.

I sold the crappy 1 gig ipod for $50 to another friend and he broke it by deleting the thing that runs it or something. Being a good friend i gave him his money back. Now the friend who stole mine in the first place asks if he can take it home to fix it so i let him.

Afer a few days I asked for it and he said it had been stolen and if it didnt show up when he cleaned he would give me $50 for it. He said that the last place he saw it was in the pocket of somebodys pants who lives with him. I have no idea why. Anyway a week later he keeps saying to me and my friends that he will give me the money on friday when he gets paid.

On friday someone told me he bought alcohol so i went to his house and said politely why you buying alcohol for when you owe me money. And he started swearing at me saying that hes not paying me cause his mum said he didnt have to and threatening to break my nose. Im not friends with him now. He has problems.

It was in his responsibility and he didnt take care of it so I think he should pay me. I keep calling him and asking but he wont. The only time in his life he listens to his mum is when she says he can weasel his way out of paying money. I found some more stuff missing recently and i know it was him from when we were still friends which makes me even more mad.

Im wondering what i should do i have witnesses to him saying hed pay me. Im thinking about telling the police about how he stole his mums car and crashed it while she got insurance. Just for revenge.

2. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice....

Your friend stole your iPod and when you get it replaced you give it back to him?

3. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

LOL that is a funny story. Sadly ignorance is not a good defense.

4. saxonfish thread starter macrumors newbie

You people are very helpful

5. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

What do you want us to say? Someone steals your stuff and then you lend it to them later and are surprised that they won't pay you for it.

6. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

No Offense but that was a very stupid move on your part.

7. kwood macrumors 6502a

kwood

I hate to say it, but I am having a really hard time having any sympathy for you. It looks like this time he is not going to pay. Honestly it's only $50 you need to move on. I know he stole other stuff, but the more you talk with him or be around him the more opportunity he has to take more of your stuff. Just move on.

8. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Sorry, but that was too funny. [​IMG]

You know the guy is a lying thieving scumbag, and you give him another chance to steal from you. :confused:

Time to finally avoid him like Yoko Ono.

---

Or borrow something from him... but likely he is smart enough to threaten violence if you don't give the items back. So just post some humiliating pictures of him the next time he gets drunk.

Edit: You do know the type of pictures a frat brother would take when somebody gets really wasted, and they end up with sharpie body art, nasty haircuts, in dresses, etc.