Want to add logo to .avi video

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Millwood, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Millwood macrumors regular

I can't believe this is incredibly complicated, or perhaps i'm making it more complicated than it already is.
    Here is my problem:
    I have videos that I make myself that i'd like to add a logo or text (like you see on television stations). All my videos are in .avi format, and I'd like to keep them that way.
    I've tried Adobe After Effects, iMovie, Final Cut, doing it through Quicktime, but they all don't give me an option to input the .avi, overlay my logo, and quickly export or render them to an .avi again.
    Does anyone know a simple way of doing this?
    If anyone can suggest a method or program, I'd love to hear it!
    Thank you.

2. rolen27 macrumors newbie

Use Final Cut Pro

Final Cut Pro will allow you to import the logo doing File -> Import. Drag the imported logo/graphic to the viewer. Set in and out points for how long you want the logo to last on the screen and then drag the logo down from the viewer to the timeline. You'll then have to render the whole video under Sequence in the menu. And then export out as .avi from File -> Export.

3. Millwood thread starter macrumors regular

4. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

All the programs you mentioned should work. I use all of them for the same tasks. What problems are you having?

5. uzapuca macrumors newbie

Could you tell me how you put the image with any of this programs? I am having a similar problem inserting a logo on top on an existing one.

I read in another forum (i don´t know if that is the best way):

Create your logo in your favourite image editor and use an alpha channel as the background. Import this graphic (PSD file?) as an asset to your project.

Put your footage on layer 1 of your sequence. Drag and drop your logo asset onto layer 2.

Cheers,

6. Gator24765 macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

Basically create a second video track. Make sure the image is a .png and make sure the back ground is transparent. Put the image you want on the overlay track and you have your logo over you video.