Want to auto quit inactive application

Discussion in 'macOS' started by icposse2k, Feb 3, 2014.

1. icposse2k macrumors newbie

Hey guys-

Got a quick question. I use a program at work that is site-licensed by the University. They split the charge at the end of the year by the number of hours that people have spent using it (in other words, the more you use it, the more you pay). That's all fine and well, but unfortunately the old version of the program I had was not run on a site license and I got into the bad habit of leaving the application running in the background when I wasn't using it...now that is going to cost me money.

So I'm wondering whether there is a way to have a program auto-quit after a certain period of inactivity, or to flash a warning or in some way remind me that it is open. Any thoughts?

thanks!

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

There might be a fancy techie solution that does exactly what you want, but what if you were to start relying on it and it failed, even just once? I could be real creative in suggesting low tech solutions, in fact I've thought of a few while reading your post and typing this reply. However, the absolute best solution is to change your bad habit. No more problem.