want to be able to spin text screen long ways!!!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by cdavi060, Dec 13, 2007.

1. cdavi060 macrumors regular

I am a heavy texter and I hate using the iPhones keyboard with the phone up in talk mode like the text screen only let's you use. I would love to be able to use the long keyboard that you can use when typing on the web. I was wondering if there was any program or fix that would allow the screen to flip and use the long keyboard or if someone could write one as that would be great. Please let me know if there is any way to do this!!! Thanks

2. cdavi060 thread starter macrumors regular

3. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

I wrote up a program real quick that does this. Works great, but I think I'll just keep it for now. Sorry.

4. lovemyiphone macrumors member

why even post a comment? Some people are so rude.

5. IDANNY macrumors 6502a

IDANNY

whats the point of saying this, the thread starter wants something many other people want. This isnt a strange request.

6. hollerz macrumors 6502a

hollerz

But it's VERY well documented that this isn't possible. A simple search would of given him the answer.

7. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Don't be naive, obviously mcarnes is just fukking with the OP. I don't know of any workarounds for this, but I don't understand the desire for it either. In landscape the keyboard takes up so much of the screen I can't imagine it would be useful for txting.

8. cdavi060 thread starter macrumors regular

i knew he was just saying that...but i dont really care about the screen not having as much space....all i need to do is read what the person wrote and then type to it, not view the whole screen. it makes for much easier typing. it seems like apple would have allowed this from the beginning.

well if anyone figures it out id love to know...

9. pacohaas macrumors 6502a

We're in the Hack's forum, documented features mean nothing here.

10. cdavi060 thread starter macrumors regular

yeh exactly, and i searched and found nothing where it had been tried, just suggested for next firmware upgrade..i think this would be a great new feature

11. cdavi060 thread starter macrumors regular

so someone made summberboard but cant make the text screen spin for wide keyboard???

12. mpuck972 macrumors 6502

mpuck972

I highly doubt you actually did this. Go back to WOW Junior, and let the grown ups dicusss things.

13. pacohaas macrumors 6502a

I haven't written an iPhone app, but I have written apps for OS-X and I would imagine it would be easier to write a texting app from scratch than to try and hack the existing SMS app to add accelerometer support for sideways texting.

14. cdavi060 thread starter macrumors regular

so I guess my only real hope is that apple has it with its next update?

15. pacohaas macrumors 6502a

or write yourself an SMS app that has a sideways typing option, simple as that.

16. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

if hes made an app for txting post some screen shots please!

sure everyone would love to see your handy work :)

17. brando88 macrumors 6502

there is no app, have you heard of sarcasm?

There was** however a VERY roundabout way that I'd be happy to explain to those that want to hear it.

Its just really long so ask, and Ill start a thread about it if there are enough people that want it.

EDIT** I apologize, however my method does not work correctly on the new firmware versions, I will continue my trial and error and let you know the outcome!

18. cdavi060 thread starter macrumors regular

id love to know if its pretty simple to do!! type it up

19. pacohaas macrumors 6502a

Here's a custom SMS app, now they just have to add sideways text input: http://code.google.com/p/weisms/

maybe if you ask nice enough or add it to their issues list, someone will do it.

20. cdavi060 thread starter macrumors regular

21. pacohaas macrumors 6502a

I dunno, did you ask on the link I listed? What did they say? You're not going to get an answer from us here.

22. Weezy F Baby macrumors member

HAHAHAHA wow you shouldn't be calling him junior. Your the one that can't even get that he is joking.