Want to buy 5s, any previous LG G2 user to compare?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kapybarus, May 13, 2014.

1. Kapybarus macrumors regular

Hello, I really want to buy 5s, but I am curious if there is some former LG G2 user who could compare real usage battery life with iphone 5s.

But how is real life?

(3g or wifi most time of usage, no gps, BT, brightness below 50% and a lot of push notifications is my current usage + I need about 3 hours screen time through day.)

2. iosuser macrumors 6502a

I went from iphone 5s to LG G2. Battery life is not even a comparison. I'm not a heavy user, 3 email accounts pushing, photostream photo upload (using Microsoft One Drive to do the same on my G2). Iphone I'd have to recharge at the very best every other day, typically with 15-20% left. I usually charge it every might to be safe. On the G2, recharge every 3 days under the same usage scenario, 4 days if I push it like I do the iphone. Btw that's with Bluetooth off most of the tome on the iphone. The G2 I just leave it on at all times now.

I think you'll be disappointed with battery life on the 5s.

3. sanke1 macrumors 65816

sanke1

I am using both LG G2 and 5S.

G2 is my main phone and 5S gets rarely used. That's because of G2's amazing battery life and screen quality. G2 rocks.

4. KAB2010 macrumors 6502

Just wish the G2 didn't have the worst front camera I've ever seen. Also, iPhone 5S main camera is better in low lighting.

5. Gincoma macrumors 6502

My experience with LG in general is poor quality, it has nice features that grab your attention but I wouldn't call it a high end company at the moment IMO

6. I7guy macrumors G5

I actually use my 5s, in car audio streaming, 7 email accounts, navigation, surfing. Bluetooth , location are mostly always on. And yes it has to be charged every day... But that is a small price to pay to be within the apple ecosystem and have touch id.

7. 617aircav Suspended

So you never used a G2? I went from a 5s to a g2. The phone is excellent. Been using it for a month and love it. And yeah battery life is amazing.

8. sixrom macrumors 6502a

It's not fair to Apple to compare. Android has functionality Apple can't match. Battery life on my Android phones, LG G2, Note 3, SGS 5 are all excellent.

Once Apple catches up to it's own potential things will improve, but currently they've coasted for too long.

9. I7guy macrumors G5

Excellent of course is highly subjective. Friends own three galaxy s4s in the family and all complain about horrid battery life. So I wonder if the galaxy s5s have improved from poor to excellent.

10. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Went from 5S to the G2. No comparison. Battery life is great. The G2 has received a lot of awards as top phone of 2013. Try it for 2 weeks and bring it back if you don't like it.

11. I7guy macrumors G5

True the g2 has received accolades about being in a list of top phones but at least cnet does not think it is the top phone.

12. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

As long as your phone can make it through the day why does it matter? You're sleeping so plug it in, its not that hard.

13. TantalizedMind macrumors 6502a

TantalizedMind

I like LG tvs. I've had pretty good luck with them. I still get the extended warranty though. I've had HORRIBLE experience with their phones. If you can remember back at least 5-10 years, the LG Chocolate series was hot and I went through 2-3 replacement phones for EACH SERIES of them due to faulty hardware.

I used to love slider phones. Hah. I liked my one LG Chocolate just because the click wheel had red/blue/purple LEDs under it that would dance when someone was calling you. It was little things like that, that made me happy.

Even though I love today's smart phones, I miss the 90's when any mall you walked into had cell phone accessory stands. You could buy LED antennas, glow in the dark button keypads, different color front covers for your phone.. etc.

I know to some that stuff was tacky but it's nice to just have fun once in a while without having to look "professional". This is why even though I enjoy today's Batman and 007 movies I REALLY miss the 90 versions because they were trying to have some fun. 007 would crack jokes every few min and now 007 just walks around with a serious face on all the time.

Lets ease up America!

14. iosuser macrumors 6502a

I'm a light user on my phone. A heavy user may not last the day. Besides, it's a great peace of mind to know that even under heavy use I can count on it lasting the day.

This was 3.5 days of use on my G2, with ~4hrs of screen on time. I plugged it in at 20%. It charges really fast too.

Attached Files:

• G2.jpg
      G2.jpg
      File size:
      95.6 KB
      Views: