Want to buy a base model 20" Imac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gadgetgirl85, Jun 16, 2008.

1. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I'm looking to buy the base model 20" iMac. I just want to use it for photos/surfing net/music/word documents would this be enough for me? Also, should I get an extra gig of ram to bring it to two?

2. alexlovesmacs macrumors 6502a

ya its just great for u go for it well if u wanna save more money buy the mac mini the mac mini suits those needs

3. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Buy the computer stock, or even from the refurb shop. If it runs a little slow, buy RAM from a reputable online vendor. See the guides here:

Understanding Intel Mac RAM - Mac Guides

Buying RAM - Mac Guides

4. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Are imacs decent computers? I've never had a desktop mac..I'm looking for it as a replacement to my PC

5. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Sorry to double post - someone said that the dearer 20" is better value. Would anyone explain/agree with this?

6. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Do what I did (sorta), I bought a 24" iMac with only 1 Gig of Ram from Mac Mall, upgraded with a $60 Kingston 2GB Stick and saved over $500. They have this 20" for 1213.00 with upgraded video card and hard drive, buy the extra 2GB it'll cost maybe $200 more (free shipping though and no taxes most likely), so about $150 more with free parallels, printer and better specs.

This is also brand new, not a refurb so you get you one year warranty and no one else has touched it since it left China. :D