Want to buy a external battery for iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by lily lee, Nov 21, 2012.

1. lily lee, Nov 21, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2013

lily lee macrumors newbie

RT. I want to buy a external battery for my iphone 5, but i dont't know what brand to buy. do you have any suggestions??

2. JamesWilliams12, Nov 21, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  3. solo118 macrumors 65816

4. JamesWilliams12 macrumors member

5. ancee macrumors member

6. ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

Mophie juice pack, 6000 mah is the one I have, $99 and it will charge the 5 approx three times. Is nice.

7. pommie82 macrumors 6502

The best brand on the market for external batteries are Hyper juice but they are expensive because they can charge your macbook iPad,iPhone,iPod Touch,Nano.Another great thing about hyper juice is that you can charge the battery 1000 times without no problems most battery only last 500 cycles and the hyper juice will last 1000 cycles but it start decreasing in capacity

http://www.hypershop.com/HyperJuice-External-Battery-for-MacBook-iPad-iPhone-USB-s/91.htm

if you have a mac too then hyper juice might the better option for you because you could use your battery for several things and just not your iPhone when you are out and about.

If you cannot justify the money to get a Hyperjuice then and you just want to charger your iPhone then you can use something called a Newtrent these are reasonable cheap and they work well i have one myself just when i need to tether with my iPhone save using my Hyperjuice battery i prefer just to use my hyper juice battery just to charge my iPad 9'7 & iPad mini.

Here is the link for the Newtrent Series
    http://www.newtrent.com/store/iphone-external-battery.html

I must admit i do think the Hyperjuice is a better out of the two but they a both good battery but hyperjuice do come at a heavy price for there stuff but they are worth buying its got me out of sticky situation a few times
    when i have been in need a plug to plug in my iPad or iPhone and my macBook

I have the 60Watt version of the hyperjuice it can provide 3 hours of battery to my macbook or it can provided two full charges to my iPad

A lot of Photographers buy Hyperjuice for when they are out in the field to charge there MacBooks and iPad

I hope my information has made you make a the perfect decision in your purchase and i hope that you are happy with it too.

8. jasonbaum macrumors regular

jasonbaum

You should check out the New Trent series.

Here's a link to the iCarrier (12000 mAH, dual ports).

Great reviews on Amazon.

9. lily lee thread starter macrumors newbie

10. ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

I highly recommend the Mophie Juice Pack 6000 mah as it will charge the iPhone three times or more!
    Link:
    http://www.mophie.com/powerstation-duo-for-smartphones-and-tablets-p/2029_jpu-pwrstion-duo.htm

11. jdaniel macrumors 65816