Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SMkdesigns

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 2, 2007
I have posted about two threads about buying a imac or a macbook pro! However when it comes down to it i can not afford a macbook pro being 19 and in college!

So i love the screens on the new imacs and i feel as i could get allot more done! I do basically all my graphics and video editing and daily computer use in my room at home!!

But i now all about leopard and howit might come out with a new redesigned macbook and i would love that specially if the upped the graphics chip to an actual graphics card ..

So tell me fellow mac users do i get the imac now or wait till mid oct.. and hope the new macbook comes out

Retired
May 16, 2006
I guess that the Macbook will get a dedicated, or at least decent graphics card around January.

In case you didn't know, Apple has a great education discount policy, and if that still makes the MBP too expensive, the refurb store is always worth a look :)

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
I guess that the Macbook will get a dedicated, or at least decent graphics card around January.

In case you didn't know, Apple has a great education discount policy, and if that still makes the MBP too expensive, the refurb store is always worth a look :)

Don't think dedicated, likely the next generation of Intel graphics.

Otherwise you are adding a 3rd big hot chip into the mix, along with all the other junk, into that small space.

Maybe a slightly smaller package will be the incentive to continue to buy it.

Though the iMac losing the education targeted end of the market might signal that the MacBook is going to fill that niche with the next update.

Or both the education iMac and MacBook will hit at the same time, since they would be soo similar in architecture.

SMkdesigns

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 2, 2007
yes but i want to buy a computer by the end of this month well earlier then that!

Plus the imac has a decent graphics card in it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.