Want to buy a Laptop for iPhone App Development

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by robtsmith, Mar 25, 2009.

1. robtsmith macrumors newbie

Hello Everyone,

What kind of spec would you recommend for iPhone App Development.

Thanks!

2. allmIne macrumors 6502a

allmIne

Do you use a fairly well known UK 'fitness' forum? Your screen name rings a bell.

To answer your question mate - any of them will be fine, if that's the primary usage. It shouldn't overly tax any of the portables Apple has out at the minute. Spend more and you'll get faster and more powerful, obviously, but you shouldn't need a huge amount of power at your disposal, for casual developing anyway.

3. robtsmith thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes mate I do, muscletalk :)

Cool, will take a looky :cool:

4. allmIne macrumors 6502a

allmIne

Haha cool, must follow your twitter.

If you're new to macs, and are looking to develop on the side, I'd recommend a macbook. If you think you'll get into it seriously, and want the computer as future proof as possible, you could go for a macbook pro. Not cheap, though! I generally wouldn't recommend the macbook air to you, unless you really need ultra portability. It's a bit limited, unless you're travelling a lot and really value the weight saving.

5. suniil macrumors member

I use white macbook (new version) for iPhone development. I'm working on this 8 hours a day, happy to recommend this.

On the other side of topic, I just started taking Creatine. Hope I can bulkup a bit soon :)