Want To Buy An iPad...should I wait?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JGC1986, Aug 19, 2012.

  1. JGC1986 macrumors regular

    JGC1986

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2008
    #1
    Will the price drop on the bigger iPads once the iPad mini is announced?
     
  2. jmpnop macrumors 6502a

    jmpnop

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2010
    #2
    iPad mini won't be the successor to the 10" iPad, its a different product category. The price will remain the same.
     
  3. davidinva macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Mar 29, 2009
    Location:
    Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, USA
    #3
    Yes

    If you want a smaller iPad, then wait to see if Apple actually does introduce one. If you want an iPad and can/will use it, then get one now. And I agree, the price of an iPad will stay the same even if a smaller one arrives.
     
  4. MXSkier62 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2006
    #4
    I would wait until the announcement. If the new iPhone and iPad mini are going to have the new dock connector, I would bet that they would re-release the 9.7" iPad with the same dock. If they're changing the connector, wait a few weeks to really future proof. There's always something better coming out, but shifts like connectors are usually significant and will last a long time, so are often worth a wait.
     
  5. LeandrodaFL macrumors 6502a

    LeandrodaFL

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2011
    #5
    Yes when a new generation is anounced, then the current will drop a little
     

Share This Page