Want to buy app after using cracked app

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Fazzl, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Fazzl macrumors 6502a

Fazzl

I want to start buying all my apps that i used to use cracked but how can i do this without loosing my saved data?

2. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Uninstalled the app, go to cydia, pay and re-download from the rightful repo, most well code app will save the data in the user section that it is not remove when the app is uninstall. (setting on most JB app have survive even a restore after a backup restore)

Kudos to you by the way!

Note: depending of the nature of the crack some app may lose the data, unfortunately there is no way to warranty anything from those type of app, people do nasty and really crappy programming to overcome licensing

4. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

I just went to the App Store and downloaded it

I tried this on Doodle Jump and Plants vs Zombies and none of my data was erased
    It also works if you are on the same version

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Just buy the app. Most apps will "update" without losing data.

6. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

Or wait until there is an update for the app, tell the App Store to update, press buy.

7. outphase macrumors 65816

I discovered a roundabout way to save/restore individual apps' saved data even without jailbreaking that could do what you want.

1. Use iPhone Backup Extractor to extract the app's saved data from your most recent iTunes backup.

1a. Alternatively, you can just grab the Documents and Library folders from the app folder on the device.

2. Use iPhone Explorer (if jailed), SSH (if jailbroken) or your other preferred method of transferring files to drop the extracted folders back into the app's data folder.

I did this when downgrading from 4.2b2 to 4.1 in preparation for limera1n. The only app that didn't work with this method was Cut The Rope.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, that should do the trick without losing your game progress.

9. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You can also use Chronus (before you uninstall the app), and then use Chronus to get the app settings back after you buy it.

10. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

I know Installous chat gets frowned upon, but if used "responsibly" it can be superb.

Over on Touch Arcade forums there's been two threads running on Sonic 4, many proclaiming the frame rate is awful on iPhone 4 and that it looks awful without Retina Display visuals.

I downloaded Sonic 4 in Installous, played it, loved it, and legitimately bought it from the App Store having tried it for myself and done away with the worries from Touch Arcade's somewhat childish rants.

£5.99 is cheap for a game like Sonic 4, but it's nice to be able to test out a game before leaping at that price, especially with people complaining about nothing more than the odd judder in places.

11. SpeedracerX macrumors newbie

I did the same thing for Street Fighter 4, downloaded it and then played it. I was blown away and deleted the game and bought the game from app store.

If they keep making games like this they deserve my money. But most of the time I try something and end up deleting it. I'm real picky, I guess.

12. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Listen, if I were going to be a pirate I'd have done it long before now. I had a jailbroken iPhone 3G and never once touched Installous, I was more interested in iOS 4 features I wasn't officially getting.

You've seriously no idea how many games I've bought from the App Store, and I'm not talking about all 59/99p games. Most of these I've gone out and just bought on their launch day, and been burned with some ... most recently Real Golf 2011 which is utter crap in my opinion.

Sonic 4 was one I'd been looking forward to for some time, and it was getting woeful "reviews" from people on Touch Arcade forums. As things turn out, I'm going to restore to stock 4.1 and remove the Jailbreak because I'm not interested in modding my home screen, etc.

Out of interest, this is my Apps collection, all of which have been legally and proudly paid for.

Angry Birds
    Asphalt 5
    Assassins Creed
    Bird Strike
    Chaos Rings
    Command & Conquer
    Doodle Jump
    FIFA 10
    FIFA 11
    FFIA World Cup 2010
    Final Fantasy
    Final Fantasy II
    Flick Kick Football
    Flick Kick Rugby
    Football Manager
    Geometry Wars
    Golden Axe
    GTA Chinatown Wars
    GT Racing Motor Academy
    Guerrilla Bob
    Iron Man 2
    Lets Golf
    Lets Golf 2
    Lumines
    Madden NFL 10
    Madden NFL 11
    Metal Gear Solid Touch
    Mirrors Edge
    Monkey Island 2
    NOVA
    NBA Live
    NDrive
    Need For Speed Undercover
    Need For Speed Shift
    Pac-Man Championship Edition
    PES 2010
    Pinball HD
    R-Type
    Real Football 2010
    Real Golf 2011
    Real Racing
    Resident Evil 4
    Ridge Racer
    Scene It
    The Simpsons Arcade
    Sonic 1
    Sonic 2
    Sonic 4
    Spider-Man
    Splinter Cell Conviction
    Spore
    Street Fighter IV
    Streets of Rage
    Super Monkey Ball
    Tiger Woods
    Torch for iPhone 4
    Tune In Radio
    Worms

13. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It was just a joke bro:D
    I don't care what you or anyone does. I'm not here to judge.

14. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

The judgers will be sure to come into this thread later. :D

15. justinwebb macrumors regular

appbackup before deleting it will save all the save data from all your apps then you can restore it