Want to buy Iphone for my GF using my elligibility

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by davidcharles, Sep 12, 2008.

1. davidcharles macrumors newbie

So here is my problem - myself and my GF both have AT&T- she is under my plan. I am eligible for for the upgrade for the iPhone for $199 - she is not.
    My question is - can I buy the iphone - activate it with my number- then put the sim card back into my blackberry curve- and put her sim card from her blakjack into the iPhone.

How would this work as far as plans go?

thanks guys

David in Vegas

2. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Yes that works. However, you will have to call in AT&T to switch out your plan from iPhone $30 to whatever Blackberry plan is, and she will have to do the same to add data plan on hers.

3. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

Usually AT&T will allow you to use your eligibility to buy the phone on your line and allow her to activate it on her number. An AT&T guy offered it on my family plan, but we declined at the time so we could do it at a later date. He offered to take the eligibility of one family member, buy the phone through them and give it to another who is not eligible for another 10 months.

4. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

It doesn't really matter as long as AT&T extends SOMEONE's contract for 2 years.

5. davidcharles thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks guys heading to AT&T now - will let you know the outcome

6. davidcharles thread starter macrumors newbie

Mission Accomplished!
    THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS
    unless there is a pending charge i dont know about - it didnt cost anything over the $199